Chapter Thirty-Eight

Jack Gilinsky's P.O.V.

Of course I love Lys, and I wouldn’t dare to do anything that’ll change that, especially not out of jealousy.

Okay, I am jealous. I can’t help it. I know that he’s my best friend and I should trust him and her, but the thought that if anything goes wrong, I won’t be the one there to help her, but he will be. I will be miles away if she needs me the most, while he’s a step away.

What if the distance proves to be too much for the both of us?

He’ll always be there, right next to her. He could make a move anytime he wants. He could touch her and even lean in for a kiss, and one thing could lead to another. It would be that fast for me to lose her.

I shook my head, as all these horrid scenes play out in my head.

That’s why going to Madison’s party would be so amazing. It would be such a great stress reliever, going out to have fun, without having to think of the many possibilities that could happen between Lys and Sam.

I smiled as this thought comes to mind. That’s right. I wouldn’t have to think about them. I could just have some fun, leave my mind blank, and catch up with some people.

I have been waiting for something occupy myself besides the jealousy gnawing at my skin. I knew I couldn’t do anything about them being together, because I know how badly she was in need of a friend. And what better than her best friend from the past, that she shared tremendous feelings for and trust with all her heart, right? Anyways, she needed a friend, besides Cass who has been busy with Jack to deal with her, although I don’t blame her, because I was probably acting the same to Jack ever since I met Lys, leaving him in the dust. And Sam was that friend, and I couldn’t pull her away from him, because she would hate me, and I fear that almost as much as losing her to someone else.

So why not go to the party, like I would in the past to get somthing off my mind, and leave her friendship with Sam be, just like she wanted?

I got out of the car after I had parked it in the parking lot, and headed towards Madison’s beach house. But to my luck, the paps were seated in front like they have been waiting for me to arrive to interrogate me. They shot up on their feet as soon as they realized that I was walking in front of them to the house. Why the hell doesn’t she have security at her party?

“Hey Jack! Over here!”

“Did you break up with Alyssa for Madison?”

“Are you guys engaged?”

“Did she leave you for Sammy?”