Chapter Twenty.

Jack Gilinsky's P.O.V.

As I stared down at her pale yet somewhat sun-kissed skin, with her hair flying in many directions - making her look so effortlessly perfect - her perfume overpowering the scent of the sea, I couldn't help but to smile. This girl was finally mine, and ever since she agreed to be my girlfriend a week ago, I still felt like I was dreaming.

It's a different feeling whenever she melts into my touch, instead of flinching away from it. It's a new feeling whenever I see the look in her eyes, and how I see that she's no longer scared of letting people in. She's slowly opening up to me, and I'm grateful that she isn't doing the opposite, pushing me away and trying to avoid her feelings. And the look of hatred has disappeared in her eyes and on her face and is replaced by a look of not love, not yet I think, by a kind of like.

However, I'm scared that one day she'll find a way to build up the walls that I have beaten down, and distance herself from me. I'm scared that I might break her trust, and she won't be too quick to forgive me like the last time, or she won't even think about giving me another chance - not like I deserve one anyways. Her actually seeing past all my mistakes in the past, and seeing that there is something else there in me, is something that I find myself liking about her.

Committing myself entirely to a girl is a foreign thing for me. I have had countless 'girlfriends,' - if you can even call them that - but no one meant as much to me as Lys does. It was just all pointless friends with benefits, one-night stands, with no emotion or commitment whatsoever.

With Lys, it's the complete opposite. I'm never bored with having only her in my life. She always continues to intrigue me in many different ways. She's stubborn, unlike most girls I met who give themselves to me so easily. Getting Lys was a long, hard chase, and I would be lying if I said that the fact that she was so hard to get wasn't what pulled me in, because that's partly true. At first, it was all about the chase, about how I would fight to get her, and when I did, it'll be all. However, she just kept pulling me in, even when she didn't know it. I like how she's so independent, and although sometimes it's annoying when she won't accept help, it shows that she can think for herself, and that's one quality that I find pretty hot in girls. 

Meeting Lys, changed me, in a weird way, that no one has ever managed to. She made me see pass my old behaviors, and I find myself wanting to please her and only her. I feel the need to shield her from any harm that could come her way, and be the rock for her, standing there right by her side. I never want her to go back the way she was before. When she was so broken that it was evident in her eyes and the smile she gave. I want her to be happy, and I want to guide her into finding happiness. 

It was as if she felt my gaze on her, because she turned around, facing away from the sunset peaking a little bit above the sea, and her eyebrows found their way together, making that face that I find incredibly cute. "What are you looking at?"

"My beautiful girlfriend," I replied, with a smile on my face, as my new favorite world I use to call her comes out of my mouth.

"But I thought I was sexy," she pouts, sticking her bottom lip out, acting as if she had just been hurt. Damn, she looks even cuter.

Without saying anything, I leaned down, placing my lips on hers, igniting a fire in my soul. She was taken back at first, but soon she began to kiss back, the fire in my soul, bursting into a bigger fire. I cock my head to one side, deepening the kiss even more, and I feel as if this was all a dream, once again. My hand reached up to stroke her luscious her, that she had recently died the tips blonde.

We both break away from the kiss, due to our lack of breath, even though I didn't want to, setting our forehead on top of each others. Her hazel eyes are a reminder to me that she's happier and that makes me feel happier too.