Chapter Thirty-One

i hit 3k reads a few chapters back, and again, i forgot to thank you guys. and we're nearing 4k reads too!! it means a lot that you guys actually read my story and like it, so thank you. and here's this chapter aka the longest chapters i have ever written.

“Party time it is!” Kaylie boomed, strutting in the room,with her booty shorts slowly riding up, and as she raised her hand up, her crop top raised up, revealing her pierced belly button.

“Get out,” my tired voice spoke, picking up a pillow beside me, and throwing it at her.

“That’s not nice,” she pouted.

“I don’t care, now leave me be, so I can sleep in peace,” I groaned, nuzzling in closer to Jack’s chest, as his arm was placed on my lower back, pulling me closer to him.

“You lovebirds wake up! Vegas,” she paused, adding dramatic suspense or something, like she was always known to do. Kaylie Thompson, the girl who was always so dramatic and overreacted over everything. I don’t even see how we became best friends. Oh right, she was there for me when no one else was. “is the city to party!”

“But I don’t want to party. We already partied it up last night, and the night before, and the night before that, and every night since you decided to come on tour with us. I haven’t had time to rest between our shows and partying. I’m beat.”

“Alyssa! This is Vegas! We have to go out tonight!”

I tugged on Jack’s shirt. “Make her leave,” I pleaded him.

“Oh c’mon Jack! You know you want to!”

Jack pulled the cover over us more, so that it nearly covered us, as if it could block out Kaylie, but I appreciated that he was trying to help. “Kaylie leave us alone. It’s only,” I felt him shifting as I was still in his hold, probably to look at the clock, “5 o’clock,” he groaned. “It’s still early. We’ll meet you at 8 if you let us get our rest.”

She didn’t speak, and I could tell that she was debating our offer. She finally huffed and said, “Fine. We’ll go out at 8.” I heard her footsteps nearing the door, then she closed it behind her, leaving us alone, at last. Knowing her though, she would probably go out before us, to do some extra partying, before the rest of our group, could wake up completely and join her.

“I wish we could get a whole day break,” I mumbled, drained from all the night outs Kaylie had dragged us into, but I knew from the moment she asked to come on tour with, this was what we would have to deal with. Besides being known as the drama queen, she was also known as the party queen. She drank, smoke, and did drugs at a very early age, after being involved with the wrong crowd. It was her getaway, coming from a difficult life at home, with her dad and mom being completely crazy and psychotic. Even after it was all dealt with, she couldn't stop. There were many times that both Cass and I had both tried our best to tell her it was no good for her. But nevertheless, with her bad habits and all, she was still there for me, and I don’t have it in me to let her go.