The Beginning

'Daddy! Your home' I said with excitement in my voice

'How was your day baby girl' he said sounding tired and stressed as I thought about it.

'It was good, I did...' As I continued to talk and talk as he sat and listened. That's what I loved about him. He would ALWAYS make time for me and my mom.

Later that night, I woke up from my nap and heard lots of noise coming from downstairs.

'Baby girl I'm going to need you to be a big girl from now on. Ok?' My mom asked with fear in her voice

'Mommy what's happening?' I questioned

'Nothing, baby girl just go to the secret place and mommy will come get you later, ok?' She said and gave me our already packed clothes and thing.

At that time I was 4, so everything was so scary that I grabbed my big bags and went up to the secret place while my mom was behind me with the rest of our clothes and accessories.

I stayed in there for more than 6 hours , I mean it was locked with codes and metal but looked normal. I wasn't complaining I knew that I had to be careful with the volume of games, t.v and everything I did.

Later on towards the end of the day my mom came back crying and she was alone. I knew daddy always came back with her but where was he this time?

'Mommy?' I asked

'Y-ess b-ab-y ' she replied sobbing

'Where's daddy?' I asked anxiously with fear written all over my face

Mom's P.O.V

They shot him, How could they?! my other half my soul my everything. It feels like someone took away part of my soul. Why!! Why!! We don't deserve this. My baby girl will grow up without a father figure and I don't think I can do it alone.

'Um-m ba-b-by da-dd-y isn't here' I said with fear and uncertainty in my voice. I didn't know how to tell her that he dad was gunned down

'What do you mean mommy?' My baby girl asked me

'Daddy is in a better place where there's no pain and bad people' I told her with hope but yet fear in my voice.

'Can we go see him then mommy?' She questioned

'No baby take your stuff we going home'

But home was basically a new start to my own personal hell.

******************************
Hoped y'all liked it .