Chapter 4

"Thank u next bitch"
- Kris Jenner

------------------

I was woken up in the middle of the night by a loud and rapid knocking on my door. I reluctantly got up and rubbed my eyes.

Who has the audacity to wake me up at three in the morning? I can barely see at night and now I have to walk to the door.

After making my way through the darkness I felt on the door knob and yanked open the door. The building manager stood in front of me with a look of anger on his face. I've been avoiding him since I know that my rent is almost due.

"Hello sir. Would you like to come in for some sink water? A half eaten pancake maybe?"

I said trying to sauce him up. It didn't work since he slammed the door open and walked into my apartment. So rude.

"Your rent is almost due and I know you don't have the money"

Well, he's getting straight to the point. He didn't even try to sugar coat anything. Like shit, can he let me feel rich for a moment.

"Thank you for reminding me that I'm poor. If you would please excuse me I was sleeping before you came in here to call me broke"

I said gesturing him to the door. He rolled his eyes and started walking toward the door. I was about to close the door but he put his hand in the closing of the door.

"You can always agree to the idea I gave you a couple weeks ago"

"You have a wife and a girl friend. And also you're a fucking disgusting human being. I will never sleep with you for money"

"They don't have to know about us"

He said with a flirty tone. I slammed the door on his hand causing him to scream. Once he moved his hand I locked the door and slammed it close.

He swears I'm about to sleep with him just so he can pay my rent. He's a fifty year old man with more than a dozen missing teeth. The smell of cigarettes, shit, and disappointment follows him around everywhere.

I'll be damned if I pop my pussy for that old bag of fart. I'll practically be having sex with a corpse.

I walked to my room and went back to sleep. I snuggled into the floor and went to sleep in peace.

Being poor doesn't change how much I sleep.

Hours later

The alarm clock on my phone rung causing me to pop out of bed.

I tried to sit up on my bed only for me to remember that I don't have an actual bed and that I'm sleeping on the floor.

Before I could walk into the bathroom my phone started ringing. Even though it was a track phone it's still useful. I can throw it at the wall and it still works.

IPhones could never.

"Hello good morning. Am I speaking to Ms. Ruby Carter?"

I recognized her voice as the lady from De La Cruz inc. I cleared my throat and got ready to use my professional voice.

"Yes this is she. Whom am I speaking to?"

"My name is Yolanda and I'm the desk lady at De La Cruz inc. Mr. De La Cruz wanted me to inform you that you have an interview with him today at ten a.m. I suggest you come around nine fifty so you can look good"