Chapter 27

"I wish that you would love me more"
-Trippie Redd

———————-

Noah's POV

I watched Aaron and Ruby share a cake dessert as I drank my bitter black coffee. Sweet little giggles left her mouth as he fed her the piece of cake.

They've been dating for 5 months 16 days 4 hours and 35 seconds now.

It seems like just yesterday they were just dating for three months. I can't take it anymore. Them being all over each other has really been messing with my work and energy.

"Aaron stop! I want the whip cream"

"You can come over later and I can put the whip cream on your pus.."

She quickly covered his mouth. After she made sure that he wasn't going to say anything she let out a loud laugh. He started kissing her neck as she giggled for him to stop.

I had enough. I picked up my lunch and papers and went back to my office. Those couples that like to show affection 24/7 make me sick.

On my way back to my office I saw a group of people huddled around in a circle. Being the noisy ass person that I am I joined the circle.

"Even though we've been through our ups and downs but she remained solid. Y'all thought we were over. We even posted it on Instagram" he said as he showed them the Instagram post.

I mean yes I sure hoped so. He cheated on you with five girls, two guys and a raccoon. But hey, do you sis.

I rather eat a jean jacket then have my girlfriend post me on Instagram and say 'wE hAd OuR uPs AnD dOwNs'.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I mean they're perfect for each other. He's trash and she's trash, together they're Blueface.

I placed my spaghetti with shrimp and my bread stick on my desk and got to eating. I don't feel comfortable eating in my own break room anymore. Ruby and her pet is populating the whole office. As I was in thought my door was slammed open.

Damn, I almost dropped my bread stick.

"Hi there baby"

I looked in the doorway only for me to shiver in disgust. Eva started walking in my room very slowly trying to be sexy. As she got closer to my desk her heel got stuck in a piece of the carpet causing her fall on her face.

She quickly got up and dusted herself off. She was wearing a big khaki jacket that fit on her like a dress. I already know what's under that jacket.

"I know you miss me"

I rolled my eyes. I pressed on the yellow button that was under my desk and waited for my security guard to come get her ass out of my office.

"You were a lunatic that broke into my house and waited for me on my bed with nothing on but a dirty ass pair of heels"

I still can't forget that day. I had just put a fresh pair of sheets on my bed that day. I came home and there was mud stains on my sheets from her dehydrated ass pair of red bottoms.

"I don't know why you're playing for. You know you want all this. I'm thicker than a Snicker"

No bitch, you're heavy like a Chevy.

"If you're not here to speak business please leave"

As if on cue my security guard came in and nodded his head. He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. I watched her body dangle from his shoulder in defeat.

As she was leaving I saw a big ass roach crawl down her leg. My security guard must have felt it because he threw her down and started dragging her out of my office after he killed the roach. It's a good thing I didn't fall for her trap.  

Why do all the girls I use to mess have some type of hygiene problem? They were never like that when I had them. I guess they let themselves go when someone like me lets them go.

After I had my lunch break I went back to work. There's a banquet that I'm throwing and it's taking up all my time. Everything has to be perfect from the venue to the decoration.

As I was planning an idea came in my head. I put all of my work aside and pressed on the intercom. Seconds after my target walked in.

"Yes, Mr. De La Cruz?"

"I have a new task for you Ms. Carter. In a couple of weeks De La Cruz inc. is hosting a banquet. Your job is to take care of everything so that the banquet can be a success. Everything includes sending out invitations, looking for a venue, decorating the venue, hiring the catering people and more"

She looked at me in shock. This is the first big job that I'm giving her. She usually just takes notes for me at meetings and bring me coffee.

I know it's stressful but hey, at least I'm not stressed anymore.

To be fair this is the job that she signed up for. She's supposed to take care of everything that I don't want to do or too busy to take care of.

"Are you sure you want me to do this? This is a huge task"

"Yes I'm sure. If you can't do it please tell me now so I can send you home early"

"So I can plan the banquet?"

"No, you'll be fired"

She nodded her head and quickly took the binders that laid on my desk. She stacked all five binders on top of each other and walked slowly out the door so they wouldn't fall.

When she left I leaned back on my chair with a smile on my face. It feels good being stress free. I went to my bookcase and tilted a book to the side. Seconds later the bookshelf turned around and revealed a bed.

I took off my vest and loosened up my tie. I got the quilted blanket that my grandma made for me and got comfortable in bed. It feels good being the boss.

Hours later I woke up in the dark. I looked to the side and saw that George Lopez was playing
On my laptop.

When was I watching George Lopez? When did I fall asleep? I checked the clock on the wall and it read that it was nine o'clock.

After packed up all my things I closed the lights in my office and got out. Before I could lock the door I noticed that there was light coming from Ruby's office.

That's odd because it's twelve in the morning. Ruby was suppose to be home hours ago. I walked to her office and slowly opened the door.

There she sat with a thousand papers surrounding her. Light snores came from her mouth as she snuggled deeper into her chair.

I waked closer to her very slowly, afraid I was going to wake her up. There was a checklist on her desk that easily blended in with the rest of the papers. Only one thing was checked off the list so far.

Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on her.