Chapter 20

"The memories bring back memories bring back you"
-Maroon 5

——————-

Ruby's POV

"Where am I suppose to sit?"

I asked as I looked around the empty conference room. There was suppose to be thirty chairs present. Twenty eight for the investors, one for the boss, and one for me.

There seems to always be a shortage of chairs for some reason.

Before I could go find an extra chair Noah pulled me on his lap. I tried to get up but he pushed me back down on his Jr.

"Problem solved"

The moment he said that the conference room became full of people. Everyone looked at us with weird looks on there faces but, they decided to not say anything.

They could immediately get fired if one word leaves their mouths. Half of the workers had families and a wife or husband so they knew better.

"Let's get started shall we"

He said from behind me. His voice sounded muffled since his head was leaned on my back for some reason. I felt him squeeze my waist and take a whiff of my hair.

These Caucasian's be wilding.

"Is Ms. Carter running this meeting? Because she's the only person we can see"

Some guy said. He continued talking like his boss wasn't in the room  I tried to signal him to be quiet but he kept on talking. He even started mocking the way Mr. Cruz speak.

"What was that Carl?"

Mr. Cruz asked from behind me. He stood up and placed me in his seat. Carl looked shocked as Mr. Cruz was standing in front of him.

So he's going to act like I wasn't signaling him to shut up. It's not my fault he has diarrhea mouth.  I could Carl was scared. His legs were bouncing up and down and his hands were shaking.

"Oh nothing. I was just telling my coworkers how much of a great boss you are. Have you dyed your hair? You look dashing sir"

He was talking all reckless a few seconds ago. Now he's saying sir and he's giving him compliments. I mean I don't blame him though. You have to do whatever it takes in order for you to get to the bag.

"I expect to see your office empty by lunch. You're fired."

Carl knew not to say anything. He just nodded his head and got out of the room. After Carl left Mr. Cruz decided to start the meeting.

As he was talking I could hear the people next to me having their own little conversation. They were talking about which animal is better, cats or dogs.

In my opinion it was neither because I don't like animals.

"Do you guys have something you'll like to share?"

Mr. Cruz asked. He was standing next to the door a few seconds ago and now he's right in front of me. The guys that were talking all of a sudden pointed to me.

"It was your assistant, she was saying how yummy Aaron looked today"

Those bastards know damn well I wasn't talking to them. I was just eavesdropping. This is what happens when you don't mind your business.

"Those two was talking about cats and dogs while I was doing my work. They even said that you have a bald spot in the middle of your head"

Since they decided to throw me under the bus I decided to do worst. I added fuel to the fire by throwing in the insult. I didn't even say that Aaron looked tasty, I was just thinking it.