Chapter 42

"Don't you know I'm no good for you?
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to"
-Billy Eilish

——————-

Grandma's POV (the baddest bitch)

Before Noah could open the door I yanked him back by his hoodie. How could he casually forget to mention to Ruby that his parents are racist?

I took off my slipper and started hitting him with it. He screamed for me to stop but I kept going. He told me he was going to tell her weeks ago. Now he just casually dropped this big bomb on the poor girl.

I know that black grandmas are known as being 'abusive' but, it had to be done. What kind of black grandma would I be if I didn't discipline my twenty-three-year-old grandson?

Despite his mother being my daughter she was still racist. Since her dad was white she always claimed her white side more than her black. She didn't take the news well when he and I got divorced.

Just because she took his color she always felt like wasn't like other black girls. Ever since high school, she carried herself with ignorance. I tried to avoid that when she was younger but, it didn't work.

That man cheated on me countless time and she still expected me to stay with him. I'll be damned if I live my young life being treated like this. That's why I've been single for five years now.

I'm new to the hoe life.

"Noah, I'm not meeting your parents. They don't like black people for God's sake. If you haven't noticed my skin is dripping with melanin"

Ruby said after I stopped hitting Noah. The look on his dumb face made me want to beat his ass some more. Wait for everyone to leave the room. I'm tearing his ass up.

"You were already so nervous about meeting them, I didn't want to make it worse."

"Noah I can't forgive you for this, I feel like you set me up"

And that's exactly what he did. He knew how his parents were and he didn't tell her not a single word. I didn't tell her because Noah promised me that he already took care of it.

"I'm sorry Ruby, I really am. I didn't mean to put you on the spot like this"

He said trying to come close to Ruby. She pushed him back by his forehead and stood next to me. I could tell she felt uncomfortable and I don't blame her. Even I feel uncomfortable around my daughter.

Noah walked to the door and opened it. On the other side stood his racist mother, Rosalinda, and his cheating ass father, Devon. Their faces were in their usual frowns as they walked in.

"Thank God you had your maid come in for our visit. Sweetheart, can you please take my bags upstairs?"

Rosalinda said as she pointed Ruby to her heavy suitcase. Ruby just stood there with her arms crossed. I could tell that her knowing that they're racist affected her opinion on them. The smile she once had on her face before Noah told her was replaced with a mean mug.

"I'm not the maid and I will not take your suitcases upstairs. I'm Noah's girlfriend"

It felt like everything froze. Devon looked at his son in disappointment. Rosalinda, on the other hand, was about to blow a gasket.

"What happened to you marrying Yolanda?"

"I don't like her mom. She drives me insane"

"I like Yolanda more. She looked more presentable and cleaner"