Chapter 40

"The pain that you've been feeling, can not compare to the joy that's coming"
-Romans 8:18

—————-

Noah's POV

"What do you mean we can't press charges on Yolanda and Nathaniel?"

I screamed at the policeman. Ruby and I came here early in the morning to file a report and now they're telling us we can't press charges. I was looking at this cop like he was stupid.

"There isn't any evidence that shows that they actually kidnapped her. There's no video evidence, DNA evidence, or physical evidence that pleads your case"

They were very smart about executing their plan. There weren't any fingerprints on my office or at Ruby's apartment.

Since one of them knocked out the security guards that were placed in the media room there is no camera footage, they deleted them.

The fact that they passed through the backside of the building the neighboring businesses didn't catch Aaron kidnapping her. Those useless ass people had their camera turned off too.

Just for that I'm buying all their businesses and leaving them with no job.

I took Ruby's hand and walked out of the police station. I knew we should've just killed them then buried their bodies. The fact that we went to the police instead of doing that will now point fingers at us if they pop up dead.

"At this point just let it go. You already fired them and that's enough for me. We can't press charges or kill them so it's whatever"

Ruby said as she sat in the passenger's seat. She looks so defeated right now. She hasn't been able to sleep these past few days. The thought of her getting kidnapped again kept haunting her.

Ruby has been sleeping at my place for those past few days. I don't really mind but, she's traumatized. I always wake up to her shaking or crying in her sleep.

When those two bastards showed up to pick up the things that were in their office I beat them up. Ruby doesn't know and I made sure she didn't. I knew at exactly what time they were coming so I prepared myself.

My grandma and I waited for them to get out of the elevator before we jumped them. My grandma beat Yolanda's ass. She never did like her, she just tolerated Yolanda.

When I told her what Yolanda did to Ruby my grandma almost went to go stab her. While she was heading out the door with the knife in her hand I pulled her back in. She loves Ruby.

Since they hacked into the security system when they were kidnapping Ruby I decided not to fix it just yet. After we beat their ass we dragged them outside and threw them out.

Now they can't go to the police either, they have no proof.

"How can I make you feel better? I'll do absolutely anything"

I said as I picked up her hand and kissed it. She took my hand and held it on her lap. I saw her in deep thought as she thought of ways to spend my money.

"I just want to order so food and chill with you. That will make me the happiest girl in the world"

"That can be done baby"