Chapter 21

"I want you to be happier"
-Marshmello, Bastille

————

Noah's POV

She's on my mind twenty four seven and I hate it. It's like I can't do anything without her popping into my head.

Yesterday I was making out with one of my sides and I accidentally called her Ruby. After I convinced her that I was calling her Ruby because she's precious to me I knew there was something wrong with me.

This is the first time I've been hung up on a woman like that. I'm usually the hump and dump type of guy.

So here I was sitting on my couch, in my Batman pajamas, eating a bowl of ice cream while watching The Power Puff Girls.

"What the hell happened to you?"

My grandma said as she snatched the bowl of ice cream out of my hand. She did not just snatch my cookie and cream ice cream out of my hands.

She really just snatched the world's best ice cream out of my hands. I can't say anything it though. She won't hesitate to hit me with the nearest object.

"Nothing happened to me"

"Did someone finally cut your dick off? I told you to leave these girls alone"

"No grandma that didn't happen"

"When that does happen to you just know that I most likely handed her the scissors"

I looked at her in disbelief. She always talks about how one day I'm going to find the one and she's going to make me settle down. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Drake once said "I'm here for a good time, not a long time".

"Mark my words you're going to get your ass kicked one day. You have to remember that these girls that you're playing have feelings too"

I just nodded my head and continued watching my cartoons. She got the message and walked into the kitchen where she practically lives. All she does is eating, sleep, and talk.

Half the time she isn't even breathing because she has food down her throat.

I just sat on the couch daydreaming about Ruby. A lot of questions popped into my head. She's a mysterious person in a way.

When she first came in for her interview I couldn't find any information on her. I usually research my employees before I hire them but, I couldn't find anything for her.

It's like she didn't exist. Kind of like she's running away from something.

I snapped out of it when my alarm rung signaling me that it was seven thirty. I set an reminder or alarm for every little thing. If I didn't I would forget to do a lot of things.

The thought of me going on a date with her suddenly made me feel alive. I happily walked into the bathroom to get ready.

After I took a five minute shower I quickly went into my closet to start getting dressed. If I didn't hurry up I know I would go to sleep. I'm the type to cancel plans last minute just because my bed looks comfortable.

Before I could change my mind I picked out a plain black shirt with a pair of grey dress pants. Since I told her to dress casual I paired that with my black and white old Skool vans.