Chapter 19

"I'm in my bag and I'm in his too. That's why every time you see me I got some new shoes"
-Megan Thee Stallion, Da Baby

—————-

Ruby's POV

"Just forget it happened. It was a stupid mistake"

His voice rung though my head. As I was thinking I heard a snap. I looked down and sighed. This is the 30th pencil I've broken today and I'm only two hours into working.

Not only did he take my first kiss but he also brushed it off like I lured him into kissing me. He hasn't called me to his office yet and I'm thankful for that.

"Hello Ms. Carter. Are you ready to go?"

Aaron said standing at my door. Even though our date went horrible we were still friends. He occasionally stopped by my office and take me out to lunch.

I grabbed my phone and purse off my desk and walked out with him. Mr. Cruz was standing at his office door with his arms crossed. His breathing hitched he stared at Aaron's hand that was on the small of my back.

I looked up at Aaron only to see him smirking at Noah. Mr. Cruz was about to say something but his office phone started ringing. He gave Aaron and I one last look before he stepped back in his office.

"Chinese or Thai?"

I thought about it for a second. Lunch is the most important part of my day. After spending hours in an office with people that makes my ass itch I need a good lunch break.

"Chinese" I said after a few seconds. I don't know why but the ham fried rice with some strawberry soda hit hard when you're starving.

I will pick Chinese food over any food that's presented to me.

As we're eating our once lively conversation went silent. Aaron was just staring at the door as I ate my food. I didn't notice until the whole restaurant was silent.

"Mr. Cruz is here"

He said as he looked over my head. I turned around very slowly hoping that by the time I was fully turned around he would disappear.

He was standing at the door with a smirk on his face as he made direct eye contact with Aaron and I. What I seemed to have miss was the tall blonde girl that was standing next to him.

The waiter lead Noah and his little friend to the table right next to us. I could feel his eyes on me as he pulled out her chair so she can sit down. The whole time he was doing that Aaron and I was engaged in a very intense argument.

"Friends isn't better than Full House" I argued as he shook his head.

He's been trying to convince me that Full House is overrated for the longest. He said something about Uncle Jesse being the only watchable actor on the show.

"What? Ross and Rachel is the definition of true love. What did your little Full house have that's you claim is so good?"

"I wish Stephanie was here so she could tell your ass how rude you are"

I said as I rolled my eyes. We both started laughing as it sinked in that we're arguing over characters in a tv show. As we were in our own little world someone cleared their throat. It was Noah.

"So what you're favorite tv show?"

He asked his date as he looked at me from the corner of his eye. Aaron rolled his eyes and got back to eating. He's obviously trying to get our attention.