Chapter 47

"I turn the news on when I smell death in the air"
- G herbo, Lil Uzi Vert, Juice Wrld, Chance The Rapper

—————-

Ruby's POV

I've been sitting outside of Noah's house for about half an hour now. I don't want to walk into his house just yet. I haven't formed my argument in my head yet.

I'm the type of person that has to form a whole bunch of scenarios in my head before I talk with someone. I have to make sure I have responses for everything that they could say.

I'm doing all of this but watch forget everything I'm planning in my head once I talk with Noah.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't see Noah standing in front of my car. I almost had an attack-a-heart as he started laughing his ass off. I'm glad he finds my mini heart attack funny.

He opened my car door then escorted me outside. Despite my anger towards him for almost killing me I attacked him in a hug. It has been a week since I've touched him and I missed it.

He took in a deep breath and hugged me tighter. I could feel his body relax against mine as I stroked his hair. I forgot how good this felt. I pulled away from him then looked up at him.

"Why didn't you text me?"

"You told me not to text you"

"Men are so silly. There's a difference between 'stop texting me' and 'stop texting me'"

There really was a difference though. I guess only girl have the brain capacity to see it. I could tell his mind was going a hundred miles per hour. He probably feels like he messed up. I smiled at him and got back to hugging him again.

"I've missed you, mamas"

"I've missed you too"

After a couple more minutes we pulled apart from each other then went inside. I missed the homey feeling that his house gave me. It smells like homemade chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon rolls.

"I know you smell the sweets, Ruby. They're in the kitchen"

"You're fucking lying lemme see"

I said as I quickly let go of his hand and ran to the kitchen. Cookies and cinnamon rolls were all over the counter and stovetop. I didn't know where to start but, I just knew I was going to devour this.

I walked slowly to the couch, not wanting my food to drop. My food safely and securely made it to the table without tumbling over. As I was celebrating my win Noah slapped my ass unexpectedly, causing everything to fall on the table.

In honor of the five-second rule, I quickly started to arrange my food back in the tower that it was in. In the process, one of the cinnamon rolls didn't make it. I had to watch Noah drop it in the garbage which was heart-wrenching.

"Ok so, I know you came here to ask me some questions. So, go ahead and ask me them"

"So your punk ass had sex with a lot of girls while I had amnesia. I did my research and I saw many articles where you took girls home with you. You a no good ass nigga"

He looked taken aback. I bet you he didn't expect me to start off like that. He started sweating as I calmly ate my food.

"I didn't have sex with other girls. I only kissed like two girls other than you and I did that in front of your face. I tried to see if you would snap out of it and remember me. Yes, I took them home but, it wasn't my house. I knew you were gonna research me. I thought that maybe if I had this bad history with girls that your crazy ass would remember and come haunt me down. "