Chapter 15

"The world on drugs"
- Future, Juice Wrld

-------------

Ruby's POV

"I'll pick you up at 8?"

I just shly nodded my head. He gave me a heart stopping smile and walked away. I was stuck at my desk looking stuck.

Aaron just asked me out on a date. In front of Mr. De La Cruz.

He looked so mad. His fist were clenched and his eyes narrowed at Aaron. When he decided that he was done torturing himself he got out of my office. Not forgetting to slam the door.

Once I got off of work I went straight home. It's like a three minute walk away from De La Cruz inc so I was good. Once I got to the apartment I immediately went to shower.

The bad energy from De La Cruz inc was still stuck on me.

After I showered I went to make some dinner just in case we don't go to a restaurant or something.

Either way I don't want him to waste money on me. I can't be like some of these girls that only go out with a guy just for free food. Or the ones that expect the guy to pay for everything.

That's some broke shit and it's sad.

I made sure to put my wallet in my bag. There's no way I'm letting Aaron pay the whole night. Especially since I have money now.

While I was making dinner I started thinking about bad things. This is my first ever date and I'm nervous. What if he finds me boring? What if he never talks to me after the date?

As I was eating dinner I watched The Office. I'm currently binge watching the show since I wasn't allowed to watch t.v.

Once I saw it was six I turned off the t.v and started getting ready for my date. I'm not one of those girls that know how to do makeup or even put
on mascara.

I'm afraid that I'm going to poke my eyes out so I just leave my eye area alone.

After I took a shower I rubbed myself down with some vanilla bean lotion then I went to put on my red cotton underwater.

They might not be sexy underwear but they're very helpful. They balance my PH levels and they're comfortable. I don't know how girls can wear lace and silk underwear everyday.

I went to my bed where I laid out my red and black plaid skirt, a black turtle neck, thigh high boots, and a black beret. I paired the outfit with my hoop earrings and a black purse.

 I paired the outfit with my hoop earrings and a black purse

I don't know why but hoop earrings go with every outfit. You feel down? Wear hoop earrings. You're depressed? Wear hoop earrings. You're dog just died? Buy you some hoop earrings.

I heard a ding from my phone causing me to walk over to it. My mouth dropped as I saw the message.

I looked at myself in the mirror in shock

I looked at myself in the mirror in shock. My hair was in cornrows with wig glue on my hairline. The curly wig I was planning on wearing was hung on the hook on the bathroom door.

I quickly took the blow dryer and started drying the wig glue. On my third layer of glue I said fuck it and threw the wig on. Right when I did that someone knocked on the door.

I skipped to the door with a smile on my face. I opened the door only to be meet with Noah. He had a frown on his face as he looked at me from head to toe.

"You look pretty. Where are you going?"

I rolled my eyes and walked back in my apartment. I thought it was Aaron. He took a seat on the kitchen counter as he watched me lotion my hands.

"On a date with Aaron"

"Oh yeah. I forgot"

He said with disgust in his voice. I rolled my eyes again and got back to securing down my wig. The moment I was done I heard a on the door.

Knowing that Aaron was here I grabbed my purse and put on my beret. I fluffed out my curls then went to open the door with a smile on my face.

"Hey Ruby. You look absolutely beautiful"

"Hi Aaron. You don't look bad yourself"

After that no words were said. We just stood staring into each others eyes in admiration. Big smiles were evident on both our faces at the moment.

"I think I'm going to be fucking sick"

Noah said from the background. Aaron's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he saw Noah making himself comfortable on my couch.

I stepped aside so he could walk in. Noah waved a middle finger at him as his form of a greeting. While they had a staring contest I decided to pack a pack of gum and breathe spray.

"What's he doing here?"

"He was just leaving"

I said before Noah could even have the chance to answer. I took a hold of his arm and started dragging him out of the apartment.

Aaron followed after him with a smile on his face. Once everyone was out of my apartment I closed the door and locked it. Aaron lead me to his car in silence.

I watched Noah walk away with slumped shoulders as Aaron opened the car door for me. I thanked him and started to buckle on the seatbelt.

"You and Mr. Cruz seem to be very close"

Aaron said after a few minutes of silence. My head quickly snapped to him in disbelief. This nigga must be blind. Can he not see the tension between us. I can feel it from a mile away.

"There has to be some kind of bond between us. I'm his PA and he's my boss"

He just nodded his head and continued driving. I could tell he still wanted to question me about Noah but he let it go.

Throughout the whole car ride there was only awkward silence and breathing. The radio was turned off which made the situation worst.

This is gonna be one weird ass date.