Chapter 6

"And I oop"
- Jasmine Masters

-------------

I'm a dumb bitch.

I turned down a job offer just because the guy was an ass. I could've just bit my tongue and secured the bag but no. I had to walk out.

Well, at least I walked out of that place like the baddest bitch to ever step in there.

I trudged into my room and took off my clothes. I folded them neatly and made sure there was in creases in it. After that I threw it on top of my bookbag.

It's now ten o'clock and I'm out of luck. I tried applying to other places after I turned down Mr. De La Cruz but I can't seem to get hired. The world is against me.

I was situated in my bed and ready to sleep when I heard a knock on my door. I really hope it's not the building manager. I'm not in the mood to be harassed.

I reluctantly got off the floor and made my way to the door. I slowly opened the door and peeked my head through.

"What are you doing here and how do you know where I live?"

I asked Mr. De La Cruz. He just stood there with a blank expression on his face. He pushed the door open and stepped inside.

His eyes scanned my apartment in disgust as he looked around the place. He looked at me then at the apartment as if he couldn't believe I Iived there.

"You have a lot of attitude for someone who basically lives in a raggedy box"

"Did you come here to insult me? Because if you did you can just leave"

I said a little defensive. He has the nerve to step in my living space just so he can criticize it. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in there mouth.

"I want you to be my secretary"

"Excuse me sir but, who told you I still wanted the job offer after you insulted me in your office and in my own home"

He sighed and walked deeper into the apartment. He opened the fridge only to see a bottle cap amount of water left in there. He moved on to the cabinets only for them to be empty.

"You need the money"

"That doesn't mean I'll work for you. I rather be hungry and homeless than work for you"

Knock on wood.

"Why are you being so hard headed for? Look at where you live. I doubt you can pay your bills on time. You need this job"

I know that I need the job. I want to take the job. Having the life style I want can be doable with this job.

What's holding me back from accepting the job offer is the fact that he's constantly rubbing my need of money in my face. The more I think about it the more it makes me mad.

But, then the more I think about it the more I want to take the job offer. Being financially stable is one of my biggest goals. Not having to worry about next month's bills is what I'm striving for.

"I accept your job offer"

"I know you do. It was only a matter of time before you told me that. You start Monday morning at eight in the morning. Please do me a favor and show up to work clean and dress like you don't live in here"

He said as he looked around the apartment. I was going to say something but I decided to hold my tongue. I'm not trying to her fired before my first pay check.