Chapter 33

" 'cause I cannot forget the way you make me feel"
-Iann Dior

——————-

Ruby's POV

"Bitch, I think I like his ugly ass"

I screamed into my phone. Yolanda wasn't here yet so I had to call her. Mr. Cruz disappeared a minute after we walked into the venue.

I can't believe my big dumb ass is out here having feelings for this clown. I thought my heart was made of steel but apparently, it's made of cotton candy.

"You like Noah? Oh"

"No bitch not oh. I'm going crazy"

"Ruby, I'm sorry to say this but Mr. Cruz and I are ......"

Before she could finish her sentence the phone cut off. I forgot to charge my phone before I came here and I've been on it ever since I've been here. If I feel out of place then I will just use my phone until it's time to go home.

I put my phone back in my clutch then awkwardly walked back to the party.  I put a fake smile on my face as I greeted the guest. I'm so used to fake smiling by now, I don't like half the people at that office.

It's now that I'm starting to see how everything turned out. The chandeliers dangled from the ceiling giving the look a classy feel to it. The light shined onto the white umbrellas hanging from the ceiling illuminating the room even more.

Every table had candles on them that had diamonds hanging off the holder. The room overall looked very earthly and heaven-like.

If I don't get a promotion for putting this banquet together I'm quitting

Thought the whole night all I did was eat and drink. Noah never came back and Yolanda never showed up. I was left sitting at that table all by myself.

The night came to an end and Noah still didn't show up. The crew was already cleaning up the venue. I had to sit on one of the chairs and wait for Noah to come get me.

This is exactly why I need my own car. I'm tired of depending on people for things that I could easily do. I was waiting for more than half an hour before Noah decided to show up.

"Why didn't you call me? What time did this thing finish anyway?"

"I thought you were somewhere around here. And also, you hosted the event, how do you not know when it ended?"

He walked behind me in silence as I walked to the car. I kept some distance between him and I as we sat down in the car. I felt him move over every time I would move away from him.