Chapter 7

"Call me HBIC"
-Daya

----------

This past week Mr. De La Cruz made it his mission to make me complain about my work so I can quit.

He made me fold his socks, organize his ties by color and pattern, dry clean two hundred fifty of his suits, and vacuum his cars with a hair dryer.

Everything he made me do will never compare to the mental and physical abuse I had to endure at in New York.

"Ms. Carter, to my office now "

He has called me to his office about ten times today and they've all been a waste of my time. I put a fake smile on my face and went to his office.

"Yes Mr. Cruz"

"I have a meeting I have to attend in one minute and you're coming with me"

I just stood there in shock. I told him about this meeting ever since Tuesday. He had three days to tell me I'm going to attend with him so I can be notified.

I nodded my head and took out my notepad I brought in with me. I saw him sigh in disbelief as he saw I was somewhat prepared for the meeting.

He has been trying to catch me off guard ever since I came here. I'll be damned if he catch me lacking.

"Are you ready to leave Mr. Cruz? Because I've been ready for a while now"

He glared at me then got up. I love how I can easily get under his skin. No matter what he has in store for me I'm always two steps ahead.

We just took a right, a left, a left, a left, a right, a left and a left and we were right there.

"Before we go in there I want you to please control yourself. There's a bunch of men in there and I don't want you getting wild thoughts. Don't  do anything stupid"

"You're telling me don't anything stupid when you're always picking up random women off the street to give you head in your car. Not to mention you invite the 'good' ones to your office to top you off while you're in a meeting"

He looked at me in shock. Maybe he didn't know that as his secretary I'm in charge of knowing his every move. All the dumb shit he does on a daily embarrasses him, me, and his company. But hey if he doesn't care then it's none of my business.

"Did you forget that I'm your boss and you can't talk to me any type of way? Because I won't hesitate to fire you"

"I'm so sorry for bringing your flaws into the light Mr. De La Cruz. It won't happen again"

I said in my business voice. I threw him a fake smile making him glare at me. He mumbled under his breathe and opened the door where the meeting was being held.

The moment I walked into the room everyone went mute. The room was full of old white men and some middle age white men. Their mouths hung low as they watched me walk to my seat.

The melanin in my skin does that to the people without melanin. They just look at me in awe.

A throat cleared causing all the men to snap out of their gaze. They all faced Mr. Cruz and adjusted their ties.

Maybe it's because my hair is in a huge afro.

The first few days of working at the office I wore my hair in buns and low puff ponytails. The moment I got used to my environment my hair was out in an afro.