Chapter 4: I Sense a Gym Chapter

The moment the bell rang, I grabbed my bag in one hand and Lucas' arm in another, hightailing it out of there.

For the entire two hour lesson Laito had badgered me with idiotic questions and suggestive pick up lines, hoping for me to take the bait. I didn't even know he swung that way, although with how sex-craved he is I shouldnt be too surprised he'd do it with any living thing in a kilometer radius.

As we headed off to the next class I realized just what class of was. Physical Education, just what I needed to aggravate my already aching muscles.

We went into the changing room and as usual I was one of the last ones to start changing.

I was never comfortable with being half naked in front of half my class and, thankfully, Lucas respected that and would often wait with me. But today was a shared lesson with his girlfriend, Kim's class. Not to mention a lesson focusing on basketball, a sport he was good at. He would never pass up the chance to show off to his precious girlfriend. And so I was alone in changing in the locker room.

Or so I thought.

Like straight out of a horror movie, a certain redhead appeared out of nowhere, an angry scowl on his face. Unlike a horror movie however, he seemed confused and, most likely, unsure of where his locker was.

'Ayato Sakamaki, the eldest of the triplets and the third oldest of the brothers. Conceited, proud, pompous and basically an egotistical bastard.

Badgered to do well from a young age due to the competition his mother, Cordelia, had with Shu's mother, Beatrice. The two of them pitted their two oldest sons against each other all the time.

Smarter than he appears, but maybe not in this case...'

"Take any of the unlocked ones, just remember the number for next time." I told him as I pulled the PE shirt from my locker. "Ore-sama didn't need your help!" He grumbled but I ignored him, shutting my locker.

"You're welcome." I didn't look at him but rolled my eyes.

Still uncomfortable at letting a vampire see too much of my skin, I walk behind the row of lockers, hiding myself from view as I changed. As I walked back, I saw Ayato with his shirt half on as he slipped it past his waist.

Had to admit, he had a good body, lucky vampires.

"Let's go Oreo-sama, we're gonna be late." I grabbed my bottle and left before I could hear his retort. We managed to get there just as the coach had just finished setting up. He got us to pair up and although I turned to Lucas, he had already partnered up with his girlfriend. 'What happened to bros before ho- I mean respectable ladies...?'

Sighing, I turned around only to find, to my dismay, that the only other person without a pair was Ayato. 'Just my luck, first day with these six here and I already got stuck dealing with three of these blood suckers.'

"Oi Midget, partner me." I could hear him bark as I walked over. 'Midget?! I'm not even Kanato's height! I'm like a centimeter shorter than you and I'm a midget?!'

I turn to him, an irked grin on my face.

"Sure thing, Cookie."

_____

As we played, I got tired of Ayato's haughty attitude real quick.

He was speeding everywhere with reckless abandon and was expecting me to keep up. The first team we went up against, he had gotten the ball stolen after becoming too confident but then yelled at me to warn him even after I had warned him multiple times before. Then, whenever he got stuck, he would throw the ball in random directions, expecting me to catch a ball at the other side of the court. I was beyond pissed.

"Alright, one more point and I'll-" before he could finish, I plucked the ball from his hands, dribbling ahead. Shot after shot I refused to allow the ball to fall into his hands. I could tell I was getting on his nerves, his face more and more contorted as he went round after round, opponent after opponent, not even so much as brushing the ball. 

"Oi! Midget-!"

I yelled at the coach for a time out as our battered opponents seemed to sigh in relief. I walk off the court, glancing at the redhead who followed my silent beckoning grumpily.

Once we were out of earshot, I turned to him and he opened his mouth without hesitation. "Who do you think you are?! Ore-sama-!"

"Then who do you think you are? Do you honestly believe I exist to wait on you and your bratty wants?" I cut him off. He seemed confused but then got even more irked than before, grabbing my shirt to pull me off the floor. "You..." He growled. "If you honestly believe I'm lower than you then you're even more childish then I could have ever imagined." I whispered but he caught it. "You...!"

I sigh, placing a hand over his arms that were grabbing onto my collar. "But, I don't mean to patronize. Mind telling me why you find is necessary to prove yourself in every way possible?"

You bet your ass I meant to patronize but that wasn't the point.

He seemed to pause, his grip loosening. "Was it the weight of high expectations? Parents maybe? Why are you so insecure?" He grimaced but let me go. With clenched fists, it looked as though he had so many thoughts in his head he wanted to say out loud but for once, he remained silent.

"I'm trying here, it'd be nice if you could at least acknowledge that." I looked away.

"See you at home."

I walked off, not looking back at the male who's usual grin I had so cruely wiped off his face. A pang of guilt rang through me but the reaction showed me something, it showed me he wasn't just a heartless blood sucker. It showed me just how fucked up he'd been from his conception and childhood. It showed me someone who was hurt by his past, as cliche as that sounded. And as stupid as it was,

It gave me the hope that I could help him.