Chapter 45: hide yo kids-

"You kept complaining about it like a little bitch so I gave you a new one that fits you~" he gave a chilling grin. He stepped closer and I stepped back.

He stopped for a second, sniffing around a little like some bloodhound before his eyes were latched onto my arm.

'why is he...? 

Oh shit-!'

I tucked my bleeding arm behind my back.

"I knew I smelt blood~" he whispered in a tone that practically oozed a sadistic desire. "Let me taste you Bitch-chan~" He stepped forward and again I shuffled back.

It was a sick dance I'd gotten used to.

Too used to...

"Don't run from me~" he grinned and I watched stupidly as he disappeared before a breath grazed my neck. "Or maybe you like the chase~?"

My eyes widened as a feeling of pure dread sank like a stone in my stomach. I felt my legs move forward then give way as a something pushed my knees out from under me. As my kneescaps slammed against the floor, my arms were grabbed harshly, nails digging into my bleeding skin. I let out a painful gasp, the sudden pain searing down my arm. Even after getting me on the floor his grip never relaxed, my arm quivered in pain as my nerves were set alight.

"Look at you Bitch-chan~"

He leaned forward, his nose against the back of my head.

"So powerless~"

The same fear that had filled me in that damn storage room had surged back, full force.

I'd been able to escape them for so long I'd become complacent.

I'd forgotten they were perfectly capable of doing exactly what that man did.

Or worse.

If I was scared of that human.

'Laito was my worst nightmare...'

The horrid realisation set in as my body began to shudder.

He wouldn't just bite me like the others.

He'd do worse.

Much worse...

He'd do what the damn pervert from days ago wanted to do...

'I couldn't even stop a human...

So if Laito-'

I was thrown out of my thoughts as his grip on my wound tightened. I bit my lip to suppress a yelp of pain.

I had to defy him.

I had to do that at least.

"Aaaahh~ Bitch-chan~~" his voice was shakey, full of such joy at my misery. "How I had wanted to see you like this~" he sighed by my neck, his hot breath making me want to gag in disgust. "You'll feel good soon so don't worry~" he chuckled and I felt my stomach drop more.

Bile filled the back of my throat.

'No, I-I have to get out-!'

It was like a switch flipped in me as a ravenous fear took hold of my body. I twisted and pulled, trying to rip my arms from his grasp. I couldn't stop the cries that escaped my lips and yet I couldn't even cry. I focused on the pain and used it as motivation to get away.

"LET ME GO!" I flipped onto my back, pulling my arms further, causing his nails to dig further into my scrape, further ripping into my arm. I used my newly freed legs to kick at the male but he barely flinched as I nailed him in the face, knocking his hat off his head. I had to go, I had to escape now! Id seriously pissed him off and waiting to see the consequences would be a death sentence.

"LET GO OF ME, LET GO!" I screech, my voice raw and practically unrecognisable as i finally managed to rip my arms away.

I could barely feel the pain in my arms anymore, or the warm liquid that poured from it and had now drenched the front of my shirt. I only had escape on my mind as adrenaline flooded my system.

Then a cold hand pulled my feet from beneath me and sent me crashing to the floor. A dull ache throbbed in my skull as my head smashed against the hardwood floor, taking away all of my thoughts as my body was ravaged with shock. My vision blurred, my head hazy as the room spun around me.

I felt the bloodthirsty male crawl his way up my legs as my body refused to respond to me.

"No- please..." I could hardly even breathe as his arms trailed up my sides.

I felt his chest press against my back, a crushing pressure forcing me into the floor as I clawed at the floor, desperate not to lose conciousness.

Then as soon as the pressure came, it left.

I could hear the boy gasp as he was thrown into and crumpled against the wall.

The last thing I remembered was the feeling of weightlessness as white fabric came into view.
______

As the pair left the room, Laito got to his feet with a groan. He ran a hand through his hair.

"Who would've guessed my own darling brother would be so invested in a human~?"

The boy picked his hat off the floor and dusted it off before placing it back on his head. "And here I thought we were close~"

"Hmm~?" The boy glanced down at his hand which was now covered in the human boy's blood.

He licked the enticing ruby red liquid and hummed as a strange but pleasant taste filled his senses. "This may be more interesting than I thought~"

"I may just-"

Then a foreign sensation flooded his chest, a wave of pressure so strong it was crippling.

He could hardly gasp for air, sliding back onto the floor.

"Why do I-?" His hands quivered as he held them up to his face.

"I have to make sure he's okay."