Chapter 67: Good End

'how many times had I been here now?'

I didn't even need to open my eyes to recognise the distinctive smell of disinfectant and fancy english tea.

I was in Reiji's room.

Despite the unpleasant memories I associated with being here...

-

God did I feel so rrlieved.

Still I had been beginning to think I'd never make it out of that damn dungeon.

A melancholic sense of joy filled my chest, warming me to the core. A fluttery, bubbling sensation flourished in my stomach.

I wanted to see them.

Even if my back still hurt like shit I wanted to see them.

Forcing my eyes open, I search the room for anyone I can call to get my three bodyguards in the room.

Then I stop at the edge of my bed.

'nevermind...'

There, hunched over on chairs laying at the foot of my bed were the three idiots I'd been trying so hard to save.

"You've reached your good end... about time..."

'Well if you weren't so cryptic in the beginning I would have had way more time to work things out...'

They didn't reply.

'how did they even find me anyways, I didn't even know where Richter had dragged me.'

I can't belive I'd only thought to ask the question now.

"They followed the scent of your blood," they said as though I should have already known that.

'I wasn't hurt back then...? What blood?'

Silence.

'...what did you do...?'

More silence.

'you know what? Nevermind...'

I bite back a groan as I fight through some severe body aches to sit up. I glanced down at the boys. They always looked cuter when they were asleep.

'so you're sure this is my good end right?'

"Who knows?"

God, how I wanted to punch their face in.

"How good can an ending that's going to end with 3 vampires constantly desiring you be?"

A ruddy blush floods my face.

'What the hell do you mean "desiring"...?'

"Well, I supose this is where I bid you goodbye. I'll have an eye on you Ace," damn, for as much as they annoyed me I did feel a little sad at this.

-

-

-

'See you soon Senior Nice Voice.'

They left me with a small laugh.

Silence ensued for a few seconds then...

-

-

-

"Chibimushi...?" A gravely voice rings out.

I watch as a head of auburn hair raises from the white sheets. Green eyes search my body fervently as though I would disappear any second.

"Hey Oreo-sama," I smile weakly. My voice sounded really bad, like I'd smoked 100 cigarettes and inhaled gallons of helium bad. My vocal chords hurt like hell too, no doubt thanks to Richter and his vice grip.