Chapter 18: *holy shit intensifies*

An arm knocked against my chest and I fell backwards. Subaru had shoved me behind him.

He was tense, his back arched and stiff.

I might be an idiot but even I knew something was gonna go down.

I shuffled back a little more, back contacting the edge of the balcony. I glanced behind me but all there was were dark skies and gloomy woods. 'fuck' Luke's house was on the other side of the building. There was nowhere to run.

The spark was so small yet flames caught on like germs on floor food after the 5 second rule.

Yuma stepped forward, Laito pushed him backwards and now the boys were in an all out vampire-style brawl.

I resisted the urge to yell over the kerfuffel like a horse race announcer.

Everytime the two Mukami's got near me I slid along the railing to steer clear. I couldn't make the guys do all the work could I? Tsunbaru punched at Kou but the blonde dodged, slamming into Laito as he did.

'thaaaats two points for the Sakamakis! Now I would have definitely bet on them over the rest.

BUT OHHHH YUMA GOES IN FOR THE ATTACK!!

aand I should be moving...'

All was going well, the archway back into the mansion now inches away.

Suddenly, Kou's face was in front of mine.

I spotted Laito heaving on the floor in my peripheral. Next to him were two more figures. 'Ruki and Azusa' I stared up at Kou, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing my fear that was now bubbling in my gut.

"Wow, never thought you guys swung that way, need a new buddy?" I grinned, conscious to keep my voice calm and mind blank.

'you could use a buddy *weird banjo-ish strum* don'tcha want a pal'

Well, I tried to keep my mind blank. But goddamn is 'Say my Name' catchy.

"Ne, Spades, whats a Beetlejuice?" Kou teased, probably thinking it was some dirty secret of mine.

"Actually, it's AntBeverage." I say, hoping to throw him off.

His head tilts rather cutely, he was pretty puzzled, my step one had worked! Now all I needed was to catch the other Sakamaki's attentions.

"Oh come on, you've gotta know AntBeverage. It goes like this!" I smile, sitting up on the balcony to take the pressure off my trembling legs and stop them from buckling.

"Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice!

BeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-!" Kou clasped a hand over my mouth but what was done was done, Ayato and Reiji were by the doorway in a flash and my two previous bodyguards were now back on their feet.

I pulled off Kou's hand. "-cause, you're so smart!" I knew I was pushing buttons abt this point but c'mon, thats like all I'm good for. Kou's eye flashed red and he practically shook with anger. I saw his hand recoil and instinctively I flinched. Blurred faces filled my eyes as I curled on the floor.

Then I was off the ground.

'Lord, let it be known that I have always believed in you, and i am proud to be an angel-'

"Are you going to continue to tire my arms out?" A groan more than words.

I shot up and sure enough, I was in Shu's arms and back in my room.

"Yeah yeah, I'm sorry." I sighed, tumbling not so gracefully out of his hold.

"Geez you'd think you'd have a little more stamina being the immortal mosquito you are..." I grumbled, perhaps not as softly as I thought I did as next thing I knew I was tackled to the floor by the blonde.

His face was inches from mine, so close I felt his breath on my cheeks.

I seized up, caught way off guard. 'This was...unexpected...'

His hands gripped my forearms and pushed them against the floor next to my head.

He leaned in, lips grazing my neck sending a chill down my spine.

I wanted to squirm, struggle, heck even punch him in his immortal nuts but my body refused to move.

'fuck this is it,

he's going to bite me'

His blue eyes burned into mine, drowning me in tumultuous ocean waves that crashed and foamed in my chest.

Storms raged behind those eyes, storms in his head, storms that enthrall me closer, and closer until-

"You're not bit?"

I shake my head ferociously and he seems content with my answer. He plops his head on my collar and goes night night.

Goddamn sloth.

My heart was pounding so hard I was sure he heard it.

I wasn't just imagining it.

He WAS going to bite me.

He would have.

The bloodlust in his eyes were no joke.

So why didn't he?

_____________

Hey guys! I don't normally do author's notes but I just wanted to say sorry for the horrible posting schedule.

I can't guarentee I'll be posting anymore regularly than I have been so...

COMMENT, MESSAGE ME, SPAM MY INBOX anytime you want an update (please be somewhat reasonable tho... :'))

It would be the best way to get me to upload a new chapter asap!

And thank you to anybody who has been enjoying my story so far!

Xoxo Ari