Chapter 1

I'm awaken by my alarm clock blaring through my ear, announcing the beginning of my senior year.

When I slip out of bed, my sides ache from last nights beating. As I turn on the light in my bathroom, I find purple bruises cover my pale sides, and there's a visible rope mark around my throat. My eyes are bloodshot.

After brushing my teeth, I grab a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a dark green tank top, my leather jacket, and a spikey dog collar. Once dressed, I grease my hair back, out on a pair of sunglasses, and put a fake green spike through my ear.

Silently, I put on my boots, and grab my phone, before walking out of my balcony and down the stairs to avoid father. Wheeling my bike down the street, before cranking the engine.

Once making it to school, I grab my schedule and find my second, third, and four periods are absolutely free.

My watch reads that I've got fifteen minutes until first starts, so I walk out of the cafeteria and sit on an outside table to have a fag.

Not two seconds after I light up, the bell deams it's time for class. In confusion, I check my phone and find my watch is broken.

The time on my watch reads two past eight, PM. About the time I was knocked on my arse last night.

After my fag, I stroll into French 2 to find a seating chart and a sign in sheet. Silently, I sign in as the teacher starts introducing herself. She stops when I stroll past her "Excuse me, what's your name?"

I look to her and look her over. She's a mid-aged, plump, ginger, with neon yellow glasses "Wouldn't you like to know?"

She narrows her gaze, before sighing "Listen, I know that you're going to pull the tough guy stunt. I'm not going to handle it."

I hum, before licking my lips "Loki." I state and she gives a confused look "My name. It's Loki Laufeyson."

She gasps a little, before motioning towards the back of class "Your seat is in the back, next to Thor."

I give a short nod, before turning to find a jock with blonde hair and blue eyes. In annoyance, I take a seat and prop my feet up on the desk as she continues.

After fourty minutes of the teacher listening to her own voice, she takes a seat and Thor turns to me "Hey."

"No." I state and he gives a confused look, causing me to explain "There's absolutely no reason for someone like you to want to really talk to someone like me."

He furrows his brow, before explaining "I was just going to ask if you transferred from another school. I've never noticed you here before."

The teachers desk phone rings and she picks it up, before turning to the class "Mister Laufeyson!" I look to here "The senior counselor wants to speak to you."

As I pick up my bag, I look at Thor and gock "Natural, you never have."

~

As I step into Counselor Coulson's office, I knock on the doorframe and he looks to me "Loki Laufeyson?" I give a short nod and he smiles "Take a seat."

Silently, I take a seat on his couch and he turns around from his desk "What would you like to talk about?" I ask.

He sighs and explains "I'm sorry that your schedule is chopped up, but French 2 was only open for first period. English 4 was only for fifth. Ceramics was only open for seventh and eight."

I nod and readjust my sunglasses "It's alright. I understand." he smiles and I shrug "I'll find someway to pass the time."

"Actually..." he turns in his chair and clicks around on his computer "I've taken the liberty of scheduling you as my office aid for sixth period. If that's alright?"

As he hands me my new schedule, I look it over to find second through fourth is also scheduled, but not as office aid "Counseloring? Why counseling?"

He gives a weak smile "You know why." he states and I give an aggravated look, causing him to raise his hands in surrender "If you don't want to talk, we don't have to talk. You can take a nap if you'd like."

Thoughtfully, I look down at the new schedule, before asking "Why are you picking me to do this? There must be other students like me."

"Not like you, no." he states as twists a pencil in hand "You remember everything, good and bad. Or very bad."

After taking a deep breath, I look him straight in the eyes and ask "You know everything, yeah?" he nods, somberly and I shake my head "Then you know that there's no helping me."

He shrugs, before declaring "I don't believe that." He motions towards the couch "Why don't you make yourself comfortable and explain why you don't believe that you can get help?"

After a long moment, I scoff "Nobody could help my mum." I shake my head "Look where she is now."

"And you watched her?" he asks for, causing my eyes to go foggy "A little boy of twelve watching his mom slowly kill herself. Must of been painful for you."

"You hand no idea." I insist and he hums. As a tear slides down my cheek, I declare "I'm going to take that nap now."

He nods, before stepping over to the chair in the corner and handing me the blanket and pillow from it.

Silently, he opens the door, turns off the light, and leaves me allow to weep into the pillow.

~

When the light flash on, Coulson steps into his office with two mugs of coffee "Do you like coffee?"

I gock, before asking "How much sugar do you have?" he opens a drawer and pulls out a box, causing me to nod "I think this'll be a good class."

He scoffs, before sitting in his chair and explaining "Your next class is in fifteen minutes."

We make small talk until the bell rings. When I walk into English 4, everyone is already seated and the bell rang two minutes ago "Why are you late?" the teacher asks.

"I was at the councilors office." I state, before smirking "Lovely guy. Gave me a cup'a and everything."

A few students chuckle, but the teacher sighs in annoyance "Let me guess, you're Loki Laufeyson?"

"Indeed, and you are?" I ask, trying to fuck with him a bit.

"Nick Fury." the teacher states and I hum, before he motions to my sunglasses "Loss the shades."

I motion to his light controlling glasses, which darken one of his eyes, on account that the window casts in light "Only if you loss yours."

He give a very unamused look, before sighing "I am very much not in the mood to mess with you right now. Just loss them."

"I can't." I state and he gives a confused look, before I explain "Chronic migraines. I can't take them off."

He nods, before pointing to the table closest to the door "Put your bag down. I need to speak to you in the hall."

With a sigh, I turn to my table to find Mister Jock, and a few other people.