Chapter 44

As a nurse snips my stitches, she asks "Have you seen a therapist, yet?"

"Next Friday at five." Odin states and the nurse smiles weakly, before Odin asks "How long with the cast?"

I sigh and declare "Probably five to seven more weeks, however, lithium promotes bone growth." I shrug "I'm hoping three to five."

"Isn't that a song by Nirvana?" Thor asks and I nod, before he smirks "That's going to be your new ringtone."

I scoff, before the nurse finishes "Can we go?" I ask and she nods. I pull down the sleeves of my jumper, before leaping off the table and looking towards Thor "Time for your apartment."

We walk just down the hall and wait as Hela asks "Are you ready to see Fandral?"

I sigh as I pick up a magazine "It would be night, of it wasn't because I tried to off myself, you know?"

Carol leans into me and asks "Are you alright with him knowing?"

I give a weak smile, before shrugging "I don't really know." She gives a confused look and I explain "I feel like the light has been snuffed out. And I know it's just getting adjusted to my meds, but I'm so goddamn tired. I have no energy to feel anything."

"Like the lights been snuffed out?" Frigga asks.

I think for a second, before shrugging "For lack of a better word, hopeless." they give frightened looks, before I think of something to connect with them "You know how, when you're swimming, you run out of air and your lungs burn?"

They nod and I continue, with no facial expression "As you swim up, your eyes only make it seem like the surface is farther and farther away. You get that feeling that it would be easier to swim down, instead."

Thor shakes his head "I don't get that urge."

I think for a second, before stating "Like your under a weighed blanket. You can't breathe and the blanket has suctioned itself over you."

Thor nods and leans me into him "That's what it's like to be crazy. Stuck in a cage, a hundred meters down." I can feel their eyes on me and I state "I'm stuck between which way is up and which way is down, frantically scrambling to get oxygen, all the while, I'm cold."

"Are the pills changing that?" Odin asks.

I nod, before declaring "Now, I just feel cold."

~

Thor's last appointment went very different than normal. Laufey was the same, quietly working, as he wonders how to fuck up my life. Thor was silent, as usual. And I sat down and didn't say a work. I was too focused on the heart scan.

Silently, I sit in Thor's SUV, as we wait outside the train station. We agreed that it would be easier for Fandral to take the train out of the city.

When I do see him walking up to the back of the SUV, I open the door and step out to greet him. As soon as he gets in arms reach, he holds me to him and we stand there.

Thor takes his bag as he pulls away from me "How long ago did you start your meds?" he asks as soon as we're in the car.

"Tuesday." I state and he smiles weakly at me "Tell me it gets better. Tell me I feel any type of emotion, soon."

He moves the hair out of my face and nods "You'll start feeling a lot better, within the next couple of weeks."

I hum, before giving my best attempt of a smile "I'm glad your here." he smiles at me as Thor pulls out of the parking lot.

As we drive, Fandral declares "You're not going to be able to get it hard for awhile. You might start to think that you can't feel, anything, but you can. Don't deep fry your hand, or some shit."

"How long are you here for?" Thor asks as he turns off the radio.

Fandral looks me over "Until he gets through this shit. Couple of weeks." Thor agrees, before we slip into silence.

It's not until we get home that the real talking starts "When will we know if he's alright?" Carol asks.

Fandral gives an amused look, before stating "His meds will be balanced when he starts laughing, and crying, and..." he looks my way, before smiling "Loki refuses to admit this, but he sings in the shower when he's happy."

Thor gives a smug smirk "He usually screams in the shower." Fandral cocks his eyebrow to me and I shrug.

"Loki was there when they found me." Fandral states, before shrugging "What there when I was hospitalized and put on meds."

"Yeah, stopped you from getting gential warts." I declare and he smiles at my sarcasm.

"He's already showing some emotion, which is good." Fandral states, before shrugging "It took me a good month with them fucking with my meds, coked out of my mind and shit."

"You were on coke?" Hela asks.

He gives a knowing look "I was a gay stripper who starved himself into a silver jockstrap and took it up the arse for twenty pounds. Of course I was on coke."

She raises her hands in surrender and I remark "Do you need any more proof that he's my cousin?"

He smiles and continues "We'll know when he's going to be alright, because he'll be acting like himself again." he mocks "A cunning little jackarse."

He smiles my way, before shrugging and asking "When did you take your Lithium?"

"Seven." I state and he checks his watch "It's ten." he hums, before adjusting it to New York time.

He thinks for a second, before stating "Okay, that's convenient. Same med schedule."

I give a confused look and he explains "New hours at work. 2PM to 10PM. I take my meds at noon and midnight."

I hum, before rubbing my eyes "I'm going to head to bed." Fandral gives me a hug, before I look to Thor "Coming to bed?"

He smiles at me, before motioning for me to go ahead "I'll be up in a minute."

Silently, I hobble up the stairs and go change into pajama pants. On the way to Thor's room, I hear them talking down below.

"Is he ever going to be the same?" Thor asks.

Fandral sighs, before declaring "Not exactly."