Chapter 9

At breakfast, Stark looks me over, curiously
About halfway through, he sighs "I've gotta ask. Are you kinky?" I raise my eyebrow at him and he asks "Why are you wearing that collar?"

"Because I want to." I state and he frowns "I'm not going to apologize for wearing what I want to wear."

"Clearly." he remarks, before looking to Frigga "Don't you think it looks stupid?" she shakes her head.

"I think he looks very nice." she states and I smile at her "He's a very charming young man, don't you think Thor?"

"Very." Thor smirks, gripping my thigh under the table. The only one that sees, is Natasha. And all I can do, is try to hide my blush.

~

When we get to the school, Fury locks us in the library and I look to the others "Am I the only one that's getting flashbacks to The Breakfast Club?"

Needless to say, we try sleeping. Eventually, I gave up on that and started walking around the second floor of the library.

As I read a book, I hear the others talking below me. Silently, I place the book back and listen in.

"I'm telling you, he's hiding something!" Banner whispers "Both of his eyes have popped blood vessels. If it was only in the black eye, I'd understand, but in the both? They look like they've healed up a bit."

"What are you saying?" Steve whispers, before asking "Why would he lie?"

"He wears those chokers when he's in the light." Stark whispers, before stating "Sometimes, strangulation can cause blood vessels to pop in your eyes."

"What are you saying?" Natasha asks.

"We think he tried to kill himself." Barton whispers, before shrugging "Dead mom is plenty of reason to want to kill yourself."

There's silence for a moment, until I hear Thor sigh "He's tried to do it before."

"What?" Natasha asks and I dig into my bag to find find my mp3 player, and some earbuds "Why didn't you tell us?"

As soon as my earbuds are plugged in, I start down the stairs and sing along "Take your hatred out on me! Make your victim my head! You never ever believed in me! I am your tourniquet!"

They look to me and I take an earbud out "Are you guys bored? I can probably pick the lock and we can book it."

"Take the collar off." Thor orders and I give a fake confused look "You heard me. Take it off, Loki."

"No." I furrow my brow and he raises his eyebrow at me "I'm not going to be bossed around by you!"

Banner shoves me into the table and I yelp as it hits my burn. It doesn't stop them from rushing me and slamming me down into the table "Stop!" I yell, but one of them messes with the latch on the back of the collar "Please! Don't!"

When the collar comes off, they release me and I stand up to find Steve holds my collar. They look at me pitifully as I snag it back.

"Loki?" Thor asks as I put it back on. He steps forward and pleads for an answer "Why would you do that to yourself?"

When I finish fixing it back on, I grab my bag and my mp3, and slam it on a table "I didn't try to kill myself." I reply, coldly.

"What was that then?" he asks and I set my jaw "I'd be careful what you say. So help me, you'll go back to a hospital."

After a long moment of weighing my options, I sigh and close my eyes, before looking to them "You wanna know the real reason that I didn't come to school, yesterday?"

Anger feels my chest as I take the collar off, as well as the glasses. They all gather in front of me as Thor pleads for an answer.

I scoff, before letting my shirt and exposing the red burn with blisters, one of which, just popped from the impact of the table. The bruises on my side range between red, purple, blue, and a little green.

In hatred, I let my shirt fall and explain "My father decide to wake me up with a pan of boiling water." they give the most empathetic looks, before I continue.

"He pulled me out of bed by my ankle, and sat on top of me, trying to melt my face off with the pan!"

Thor pleads for me to stop, but I hiss in utter hatred "When I smacked the pan away, he punched me in the face!"

They're completely shocked and I stop myself "You need to know my backstory to understand this, but I was the boy that Tony and Natasha were talking about at dinner last night."

They look at me in disbelief and I shake my head "You wanna know what kinda of man my father is?"

Tears bubble up in my eyes as I tremble at the thought and scream "He unbuckled his belt, said he wanted to find out if that priest ruined his reputation for something, pinned my hands above my head, spat in my face, and sniffed my hair!"

As the tears stream down my face, I stop trembling and shake my head "He stood up, kicked me, and left."

They all stare in disbelief. I simply grab my bag, stroll over to the door, take out a bobbypen, and unlock.

As soon as I'm out the door, I head straight for nurses office.

~

After a few hours in Counselor Coulson's office, I step back in the library to find they sit in the exact places they stood when I was there.

Natasha spots me and gets their attention with a simple "Guys." they all look my way as I stride up to them "How's it going little big man?"

"Stand the fuck up!" I order, a hint of anger in my voice. They stand and I look between them "Who should I start with? Who can take the most heat right now?"

Stark points to Banner, probably hoping we get in a fight, but I go with Stark "Mister Richy-rich, had a Rolex when I turned one!" I shove him back, yet he holds strong "I want so badly to bring your mummy and daddy into this, but ima play the high card!" I poke him in the chest as I hiss "You're a narcissistic arsehole, who's never had to work for anything in his life! You act like you know everything, but you know nothing! You start trouble and get out of it because you're to much of a bitch to fight!"

I turn to Steve and knock him upside the head "You're going to get yourself killed, because your too pigheaded to stand down from a fight!"

I turn to Banner and shove him into a table "Learn how to control yourself! You're so smart, I know you can figure that out!"

I look to Barton and sigh "Stop with the cowboy boots. It's fucking annoying. We're not in Texas. We're in Newburgh."

When I look to Natasha, I shake my head "You can do everything these boys can do. More, even."

Thor gocks "I'm guessing you're not angry with us anymore?" when I turn to him, he gives a frightened look.

I step towards him and try to grab arm skin to pinch, only he doesn't have any. He's too fucking muscular.

I simply frown "You'd be a good Teddy Bear."