Chapter 38

Around noon, the door opens and Hela and Carol walk in. As soon as she sees me, Hela smacks me. When I pop my jaw back, I agree "I deserved that."

She looks at me in rage "How fucking dare you hurt Thor!" I press my lips into a fine line, before she notices the blood splatter on the wall "What the hell?"

I clear my throat, before asking "Is there any of that paint in the basement?" Frigga nods and I ask "What about paint stripper, and a sander?"

She shakes her head "You don't have to do that. I'll call a painter. We can paint it a different color, if you'd like."

I set my jaw and shrug "I kinda need it done, now." she gives a weak smile and I declare "I'll clean up my mess. Make it look as good as new."

Silently, I walk out of the house and down into the basement. By the time I get back up, the girls look at me in pity.

Hela holds out her hand and insists "I'll help you." I hum, before handing over the paint stripper "What's this for?"

"The crown molding." I tell her and she gives a clueless look "Apply it on the white paneling and molding, everywhere you see red. Let it sit. Scrub it off."

She nods as I hand her a mask and goggles. After we lay down the tarp, Carol asks "What can I do?"

I think for a second, before ordering "Head down to the basement, see if we've got any wall plaster."

She nods and heads out of the house. Frigga looks to me, curiously "What can I help you with?"

I smile at her, before insisting "We've got this, mum. Take a seat. Relax." she smiles and kisses my cheek, before taking a seat on the couch.

~

As I sweep up the mess, Frigga glides her hand over the wall "It looks pretty good to me. Nice job, kids."

Hela nudges me "We should jump in the shower. We've got an hour before we need to leave for Thor's appointment."

Carol gives a concerned look "Are you sure you want to go? After everything he's done to you?" she asks.

"Fuck 'im!" I shrug, before grabbing my crutches "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta figure out how to bathe without getting my cast wet."

About an hour later, Thor and Odin walk into the house and I ask Odin "Where've you been all day?"

"Badgering the court system to get our adoption papers pushed through today." Odin states and I hum in recognition "A CPS agent should be here in the next week or so."

I give a smug look, before asking "Am I getting my door back?" Odin presses his lips into a fine line and I shrug "The agent might get a little suspicious that I don't have a door." I point towards Thor "If Thor and I aren't busy, I'll leave it open."

Odin sighs, before ordering "Keep it open at night, understand?" I hum, before nudging Thor.

Thor look down at my cast and asks "Nobody has signed that damn thing, yet?" I shake my head and he pulls a sharpie out of his backpack "I'll sign it on the drive."

I give a confident scoff, before asking "What are you going to write?"

~

"Really?" I hiss as Thor laughs his arse off. I kick him in the side and remind "I'm going to have to wear this cast for the next month!"

The girls look over to read it from the third roll. They look between Thor and I, before leading back and snickering. Frigga turns in her seat and asks "What does it say?"

Thor leans forward and reads aloud "As long as this cast is on, the owner of this broken limb will be eligible for a blowjob, by Thor Odinson, whenever he asks for one."

Odin and Frigga chuckle, before Thor passes the sharpie to Hela, who orders "Give me your foot."

Obediently, I toss my leg over and she draws on the bottom of my foot. After a moment, she nods "Oh yeah. I'm done."

Curiously, I pull my leg and find the pedestrians crossing sign on the bottom of my foot "You two really are twins." I remark.

Hela passes the sharpie to Carol and speaks as she writes "The driver got off worse." I cock my eyebrow to her and she asks "Too soon?"

I gock "Just a bit." she passes the sharpie to Frigga and I insist "This is the weirdest puff-puff-give I ever been involved in."

Frigga thinks for a second, before drawing the 'HELLO! MY NAME IS' sticker, before drawing Vegan in cursive letters.

As we pull up to the hospital, Odin parks and I takes the sharpie. Below Frigga's drawing, Odin writes "AKA LOKI ODINSON"

When he puts the cap on the sharpie, a smile creeps across my face and I open the door and, literally, hop out of the SUV.

"One more appointment after this, right?" I ask and Frigga nods. With a sigh, I put my crutches under my arm and declare "Let's do this."

~

Laufey and I stand on opposite sides of the room from one another as Thor gets his weekly scans done.

I look over the scans intensely, before pointing out "You can see the scar tissue from the second surgery, there." I look back to Odin and explain "His artery is just a little smaller than before, but I would recommend he avoids red meats and trans and saturated fats."

Laufey clicks his pen before asking "Do you plan to be a doctor once your out of high school?"

I gock, before remarking "Haven't you heard that doctors are the new priests?" I can see the others give shocked looks.

"Scientist?" Laufey asks and I shake my head "Mathematician?"

I glance towards him and shrug, before Thor walks through the door "How am I looking?" he asks.

"You fucked me without your heart exploding." I state, to all of there surprise "You're in perfect condition."

Thor nods, before I nudge him towards the door. Obediently, he exits the room and I usher my adoptive family out.

Once they're out of the room, I start to walk out, only Laufey slides his hand into my jacket pocket.

I stand there for a solid moment as he grabs the back of my neck. I go completely lifeless as he whispers "You won't live to see next week."

"Hey, prick!" Hela shouts, and Laufey releases he, just in time for Hela to punch him square in the jaw.

Carol grabs him by the arm and slams him into the wall. Frigga steps up and growls at him "If you come near my family, or my sons, ever again. You'll get a bullet in your brain, just like Malikith."

He sneers at her, mischievously and I scoff "You gotta love our precious ladies!" Thor and Odin chuckles, before I ask "How about we get the fuck out of here?"

We get a few turns away, before I sigh "I gotta take a piss."

As soon as I'm alone, I dig in my pocket to find a gram of herion.