Chapter 21

By the time we got to the cabin, it was late. When I wake at three in the morning, I grab my fags and bundle up to go outside.

Curiosity gets the better of me as I light my fag. The small pond behind the house peeks my interest.

I pick up a large rock and toss it into the middle of the pond. When the ice holds, I walk across the solid pond to pick the rock back up.

As soon as I pick it up, I regret it. Under the rock, the ice is cracking "Oh, shi-" the ice below me breaks and I drop into complete shock as pain overtakes my body.

The pond is just deep enough to stand in, so once I force myself to focus, I lead up and pull myself out of the icy water.

By the time I get to the house, I can't feel my feet or hands. As I slam the door, Thor grovels "Loki, I'm trying to sleep!"

"I-i f-f-fe-ll i-int-o th-th-the w-w-wa-wa-wa-ter." I studder out as I fumble with the zipper of my jacket.

"What?" Thor asks, before turning on his light and turning over to look at me. Instantly, he's on his feet and ripping off my clothes "Jesus Christ, Loki!"

Once I'm naked, he wraps me in a thick blanket and sits me next to the fireplace. He's gone for only a second, returning will a toboggan and a thick pair of socks.

Once they're on me, he grabs hold of me and sits me on his lap as he puffs hot air into my numb hands.

He presses me into him and tries desperately to warm me up as he sighs "What the hell where you doing?"

"H-hav-ing a f-fag." I studder out as I tremble, before telling him "I wa-as ab-ble to j-ump out of th-he po-ond."

He sighs, before taking a deep breath "If that pond was a couple feet deeper, you would still be out there." he states, before kissing my forehead.

As he works, hastily, to warm me up, he rests my head on his chest. After my trembling stops, I pull away and look up at him.

He looks down at me and the firelight hits his features just right. All I can think about is how he holds me every night, when I can't sleep.

"I love you." I state and a smile spreads across his face, before he give me a firm kiss. When he pulls away, he rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you, too." He whispers and we stay there for a long moment, before he asks "Are you warm, yet?"

I bite my lip, before telling him "I'm still cold." I grip his shoulders and tell him "I want you to warm me up from the inside, Thor."

He cocks an eyebrow to me and I bite my lip.

Long story short, we had fantastic sex on the bearskin rug in front of the fireplace, followed by fantastic morning sex, followed by fantastic shower sex, with came before fantastic we've-got-twenty-minutes-until-lunch-is-ready sex.

~

The following Tuesday, Thor drives home as I give him road head. It's right around the fiftieth time of him announcing that he's never done this, that he sighs "We're going through a toll booth."

With a sigh, I sit up as my phone starts to ring. When I pull it out of my bag, I find it's Natasha "Hey, what's up?" I ask as I answer the phone.

"I heard you and Thor went up to the cabin for a couple of days." I hum and she asks "Did you two even bother to get out of bed?"

I hum as Thor pays the toll "Well, we got out of bed, but only to get busy somewhere else." Thor swings his head my way.

Natasha hums, before asking "How far away from home are you?" I pull up the paper map and look around.

"About two hours." I state, before I look at the gas gage "But we're probably gonna havta stop for gas."

Thor gives an amused smirk and Natasha asks "What, did Thor screw you so hard that you can't talk right?"

I scoff and declare "My nan's accent is so thick you could cut it with a butter knife." Thor hums and I look to him.

He looks to me and insists "On Friday, I want to see you all bundled up." I give a weak smile and he shakes his head "Seriously, I don't want you catching cold."

I roll my eyes "Yes, sir."

~

Odin got me an appointment with a therapist in Philadelphia. She prescribed me to a hemp shop, in which they gave me a jar of vegan CBD gummy bears.

As soon as I got home, the whole family looks my way "What did the shrink give you?" Hela asks as she sips on her tea.

I take the gummy bears out of my bag and toss it towards them "CBD." Thor gives a confused look and I explain "The part of marijuana that helps you, but doesn't get you high." he cocks an eyebrow and I shrug "Technically, it's classified as hemp, not marijuana."

Thor hums, before remarking "I'm dating a pothead." I glare at him as he sips some coffee "So, what? You pop one of those every morning and you're golden?"

"Every six hours." I state, before taking them from Carol and shrugging "But if they help me get out of bed in the morning..."

Frigga pats my hand "And stops you from bleaching your bathroom every weekend." she kisses the top of my hand and remarks "That floor is within an inch of its life, darling."

"Yeah..." I sigh and pop one into my mouth "Cannabis, the miracle drug." As I chew it, I frown "It has no flavor."

Thor hums, before nudging me "I'm going to head to practice. See you in a little bit?" I nod and he gives me a ginger kiss "I love you."

I give a soft hum, before biting my lips and declaring "I love you, too."

When he walks out, Hela orders "Tell me everything, because Thor isn't too bright."