Chapter 46

"It's him

"It's him."

"What is happening?"

"Oh Moon Goddess, I want both of them."

We froze and gave an odd glance at the outspoken teenage she-wolf, who was now blushing furiously when she realized that we had heard her lewd statement.

"How long do you think they'll stare at us like this?" Aleksei muttered to me under his breath as he smiled charmingly at the stunned wolves. I shrugged and studied the mirage of emotions displayed on my pack member's faces that ranged from delighted to disbelief.

Normally, my pack members would bow their heads when they saw me, but today, they were all willing to look me in the eye because of how shocked they were.

I guess it was not every day they saw their ex-Alpha march through the grounds confidently.

"So," Aleksei started, looking around curiously as we headed into the cluster of houses, "Where did my house go?"

"Mom and Dad live there when they visit. I had actually planned to demolish it, but Mom begged me not to."

"Harsh, you really wanted to get rid of me, didn't you?"

I gave him a sheepish shrug, "Can you blame me? I thought you were a pussy and wanted nothing to do with you."

"Well, you are what you eat."

His crude sense of humor hadn't changed one bit over the years, and I hated to admit that I was happy about it.

"If we go by that, then you're a dick and an asshole," I pointed out as we climbed the stairs to his old house.

"And you're a nip–"

"Shut your trap. We're going in," I shushed, unlocking the front door.

We stepped inside quietly and were immediately overwhelmed by the smell of my mother's cooking. Aleksei let out a soft groan, "I've missed her home cooked meals."

"You saw her just a month ago," I muttered as we trudged down the hallway to the kitchen.

Suddenly, my mother's voice echoed through the house, causing us to freeze, "Alrik, is that you? Why is your scent so strong?" 

Apparently, forcing my brother into my jacket smothered his scent enough that my mother didn't recognize the scent of her older pup.

I glanced at Aleksei, placed a finger on my lips, and nodded toward the kitchen, and he tiptoed behind me as we entered. To our luck, my mother didn't look up from the stove as she stirred the pot and tasted her food.

"Hey ma," I greeted casually, "What's for dinner? I was thinking about bringing two very special guests over."

Her shoulders shook lightly as she laughed, "Jaslynn and Reece aren't guests, sweetie. They're family."