Chapter 10 ➛Owyn

I was confused and needed some company. I went to Grindelwald's quarters and sat down on the ground next to Owyn.

''Hey,'' I said softly. I gently scratched his head. This was the first time I saw him since Grindelwald had informed me that Owyn was the Libra.

He was watching me intently, his amber eyes staring right through mine. Hi, (Y/N), a voice in my head said. I spun around, searching the room quizzically, before looking back down at Owyn.

I sighed tiredly. ''Now I'm starting to hear things!''

Owyn was still watching me attentively. ''You'll never leave me, no matter what. Right?'' I said staring back into his amber eyes.

It might sound weird, but I had always felt like Owyn really understood what I said. Which was, of course, ridiculous.

He blinked sharply. ''Isn't my life pathetic?'' I asked leaning back against the bed. ''I mean, I have no friends, I talk to an owl, I destroy everything and I'm too gullible.''

I'm here for you, the voice in my head said. I spun around again, my eyes roving the room. I often had troubled thoughts, but this was different. It felt like someone else had entered my mind, I could sense the presence, much alike when Queenie tried to enter my mind and read my thoughts.

''What the hell is going on?'' I whispered. Don't worry everything's fine. It sounded amused, but I couldn't feel the amusement myself. I felt the presence slowly fade away and I turned back to the snowy owl, settled on his cushion, watching me calmly.

''You- you can talk?'' I asked flabbergasted. To my annoyance, I didn't receive any reply and the presence didn't return.

I heard the door creak and heavy footsteps entering the room. I didn't look around, but I could feel his gaze on me. ''Are you alright? You look like you've just seen a ghost,'' Grindelwald said approaching me.

''I'm fine,'' I said slowly, my voice faltering. I had several things on my mind that I was supposed to tell him, but right now I didn't feel capable of having a long conversation. I was scared to death when I started hearing voices in my head. It was really creepy.

When the silence grew awkward, I decided I didn't have much choice but to just talk to him. I turned around and faced him. ''Sir, I need to tell you something. Several things, actually,'' I muttered sitting down on the bed.

''Okay,'' he said sitting down next to me. We sat close to each other, not that I minded, but it did feel like I was interrupting his personal space.

''It's about Queenie's sister, Tina, sir,'' I started. ''Queenie received a quite alarming, new letter.''

I told him about Tina's threat, that they would take Queenie back if she wouldn't return freely.

We held silent for some time. ''When did you hear about this?'' he asked. ''A couple of hours ago,'' I replied trying to read his expression.

''Hm. I wonder why she hasn't come to me herself to tell me this,'' he said. ''Do you know anything about it?'' he asked turning to me and raising his eyebrows. I stared at him. I did. But I couldn't tell him? Or could I?

I slowly shook my head. ''I don't, sir.'' It felt terrible to lie to him, but I couldn't tell him more than this. It might completely ruin the friendship between Queenie and me. Not that it wasn't already.

''Maybe she's been too busy to come to you?'' I proposed.

''Sir,'' I added slowly.

I was staring into his eyes. They were so mesmerizing. So deep and mysterious. How could I be lying to him like this? Was this really the right choice?