Chapter 16 ➛Carry On

I was laying in my room, on my bed and stared at the ceiling with a depressed expression.

I had been so unbearably stupid. How had I even dared to ignore an order of Gellert Grindelwald?

He was right. I was supposed to listen to him and do as he said no matter how close we'd be. That's how we'd accomplish what we're striving for. That's why I joined the Greater Good in the first place. To accomplish that what will allow us to be who we are.

I had to focus more on the movement and less on my feelings. From now on, I would do exactly as he'd order me to do.

I rolled onto my side and pictured the world in ruin. Bombs. Explosions. Screaming. Corpses. Everywhere, the ground was littered with bodies from the military, from the villages.

That was the consequence of what would happen if we couldn't manage to stop them. We would save millions of lives. Men's. Women's. Children's. Babies'. He should be called the savior of humanity instead of this crazy villain who should be locked up in Azkaban.

Everyone needed to make sacrifices for the Greater Good and my affections towards Grindelwald were probably what I was supposed to sacrifice.

(Y/N), I advise you strongly to calm down first and don't make any rash decisions.

Was Owyn really even going to protect me from my feelings? Is that really what a guardian was supposed to do?

Well, that depends, of course, on how devoted that particular guardian is to you. So, see this as a good sign.

That had been an attempt to cheer me up, but it had failed miserably. I felt bad. Really bad.

A hesitant knock sounded on the door and I shot upright.

Had I been crying? Were my eyes swollen? Could you notice I'd been crying?

Before I could examine myself in the mirror, the door creaked open and I felt nervous.

Somewhat unexpectedly I expected Queenie to stalk into the room, mocking me about Grindelwald and unstabilize my feelings for him even more.

Of course, it wasn't Queenie. But it also wasn't Grindelwald.

Instead, a man I didn't know entered and locked the door behind him.

You quickly grabbed for your wand but his was already pointed at you, and before you could cast any spell he had already said, ''Expelliarmus,'' and your wand flew away.

You quickly climbed off of the bed and watched the man in horror as he slowly approached you.

You generally had a hard time trusting anyone. Even believing they weren't out to kill you was hard to convince yourself of.

The man's eyes gleamed and his lips curled up into a cunning smirk. ''I've been watching you for some time now,'' he announced softly, coming ever closer.

You were trying to find anything you might be able to use as a weapon, but before you could grab anything he had you pinned against the wall.

You felt his hot breath on your neck and tears stinging your eyes.

''What are you doing, get off me!'' You shouted as you struggled in his grip. ''Get off...''

You couldn't finish your sentence because he had slammed his mouth onto yours and was kissing you fiercely.

You tried to push him away but he was too strong. You struggled in his hold and turned your head away, finally, his mouth left yours. Tears dripped down your chin. ''Get off me!'' you yelled desperately as you kicked around.