-27-

The next several days were still incredibly busy for Harry and Draco, but at least none of their activities involved Voldemort, for a change. Aside from regular classes, they had plenty of schoolwork to catch up on, DA meetings to run, and plans to be made for them. Harry still had training sessions with his father, which Draco was now attending as well, especially since Lucius was sticking around more. Draco had to resume his Quidditch practices as well.

Harry wasn't on the team, and usually he spent that time working on his lessons for the DA. But this was the first practice since Draco had figured out who Harry really was and Draco had talked him into going to the pitch with him, despite his protests.

Harry had tried explaining that he couldn't use his broom because everyone would recognize it. Draco overruled that by borrowing an extra broom from one of the other Slytherins.

Harry then tried saying that someone was sure to recognize his flying style. Draco overruled that by pointing out that no one had seen Harry fly for months, and no one would be looking to compare them anyway.

Harry stopped at the edge of the pitch. "Draco, I really don't think I can do this," he said quietly.

Draco turned to face him. "Why, Angel?" he asked. "Why can't you get up there and fly? I know you love it."

"That's precisely why I can't go up there. I love it too much," Harry said as he turned away from the pitch. "I can't afford to waste my time out flying, when I could be training, studying or planning lessons. There are just more important things that need to be done."

Draco grabbed his shoulder and spun him around. "Dustin Snape, you get your arse on that broom and up in the air," he commanded.

He leaned forward to whisper in a quiet but dangerous tone, "I don't care what you call yourself. You. Belong. In. The. Air." He punctuated each word with a poke at Harry's chest.

"Fine," Harry snapped. He swung onto the broom he was holding and took off.

Harry was angry at Draco, and being angry meant that he started flying around, pulling off a bunch of dangerous stunts. He flew at a reckless speed across the pitch and ducked his head to shoot through the middle goal hoop, before swinging back around. He flipped over upside down to avoid a Bludger in play from the Quidditch team that was supposed to be practicing.

He was cursing Draco for making him come up here. He didn't belong here. He wasn't part of any Quidditch team any more, and he certainly had never been a part of the Slytherin team. He didn't pay much attention to the players as he swerved his broom effortlessly around and through them. The Quaffle appeared in his path and he caught it and threw it angrily back at one of the chasers, before pulling up higher to get away from all the players.

Harry ducked as he heard another Bludger coming up behind him. What the hell was wrong with the stupid Slytherin team anyway? he thought to himself angrily. The stupid team never had been able to get it together enough to play a fair game. And where was Draco, because Harry spotted the Snitch and of course Draco was nowhere near the damn thing. Harry chased it down, following its path of loops and whirls until he caught it and threw it angrily back towards the middle of the field.

He was angry and he put on another burst of speed before he dropped the front of his broom and dove straight for the expanse of green pitch far below. The pull of gravity added to his speed. He fell and fell until, just feet from the ground, he snapped the front of his broom back up and swung into a graceful arc to climb back into the air again.

He didn't stop his cursing of Draco and the Slytherin Quidditch team as he continued alternating his moves, first a burst of speed, then a dive, then another burst of speed before performing some other difficult move. Back through the players, an angry toss of the Quaffle through the goal hoop because some stupid player couldn't find their other chasers. A corkscrew loop to avoid another damn Bludger.