Not exactly the word I'd use

Natasha POV

I don't know what draws me to him. He's nothing like some men I've flirted with. Full of muscles, good-looking, kind and tough. Okay: so he's everything like the others, and more. But, I was trained to have no feelings like this. To not have that sort of weakness that I can't shake off. But I need him, I need him so much.

He's always there when I need him. Hell, he's there when I don't think I need him. But I do, I always do. That time on the mission, when I kissed him. I- I, well I, I did it for me. I did it because I couldn't last another second without his touch, his gaze of shock and delight. I did it because I longed to know what it felt like, what his lips felt like. I did it because I wanted him to kiss me back, to tell me he loved me. But he didn't, he never will.

(Time skip, rather: time reverse)
Two weeks ago:

I know it's a mission and all, but I can't help feeling like I'm floating on air. It's not because I get anything out of it. But it's because he's here: Steve. In my peripheral vision I spot them, HYDRA scum. Looking like they own the world, they step onto the escalator and start moving up. "Kiss me," the words tumble out of my mouth before I can stop them. Butterflies fill my stomach and I try to keep a smile at bay. Steve's body tenses and he stares at me with confusion. "Public displays of affection makes people awkward," I try and cover up my actions with pure wisdom. Steve opens his mouth, his angelic mouth. His God-like mouth. I hope it's for a 'Yes, Nat, I love you.' But it won't be.

"I know," sweat pours down his face and I lean forward. I press my lips towards his and I finally get to know him. His smell overtakes my senses and I fall into an oblivion of happiness. And for that moment I'm complete. Until he pulls away, his beautiful face covered with a deep red blush. Damn, that's cute.

"Still awkward?" I question him to make him feel uneasy, cause that's how I like him most. Under my command. "Not exactly the word I'd use," I smile to myself and I'm pleased with my accomplishments.

I kissed Captain America! To think of all the girls now, having their dreams crushed. Sorry, but he's my Captain. My Steve.

(Back to Normal time)

That was the best day of my life. But, I still didn't show him. Show him how I feel about him: how he makes my stomach do somersaults when he's near, how I yearn for more than just a kiss, how I never want to leave his side and how I love him.

Leaving the comfort of my bed, I hunt down Rogers. Of course I find him in the gym, topless. I'm lost for words; topless, muscles and Steve. My 3 favourite things. I spin him around and as he's registering it I kiss him. Like there's no tomorrow. Like I've loved him for years, but I have. And I'll never stop loving him.

Shock fills his blue eyes but then love takes its place. He kisses me back and it's then that my world is complete. It's then that I realise that he is all I ever needed. That I will ever need.

We pull apart and I'm grinning ear to ear. (Like the Cheshire cat), and I feel like a bloody fool. But I love him, and I won't be stopped by a smile. I gulp my terror and speak,"I love you," the words fall out and I stand, waiting for a response. "I know, and I love you too Na-" His response is cut short by my lips. And I put every emotion I've ever had into it. Because I love him. I always will.

Okay, fighter jets. I hope you enjoyed this one. Don't forget, put your ideas forward and I'll be happy to write one for you. Thank for your love and support.

Spitfire out! Pew, pew 🛩