Not mine

She sat there staring at me. I don't know what she wants, or what she's thinking but she is here. "What?" Natasha breaks the silence and I'm shocked. It's not like I walked into her apartment at 3am demanding I stay. It's not like I needed her to come. And now she's blaming me for something. I mean I-
"What. Do. You. Want?" She talks loudly and effectively to me and I allow my eyes to roll. I didn't want anything, and I'm pretty sure she knew that. But I'll humour her. "Oh, just wondering if you wanted a picture," she laughs and it makes me smile. I feel like a lovestruck fool but I love her. I do.

  I can tell there is something wrong. Natasha Romanoff does not walk into your apartment at 3am for nothing. I just need to know why. "Why are you here Natasha?" I get straight to the point and somehow I've amused her. "Same reason you're here, for a bed," I don't understand what she means. But I don't want her to feel unwelcome, even though she invited herself. I start to lead her to the bed, "sit, sleep," she sits down and stares at me.

  After a comment on how my bed feels like wood she seems to settle down and actually lie down. "See you in the morning," I smile at her and make my way to the sofa and I soon find myself devouring a book.

  Natasha POV

  I slept better than I thought I would. So, his bed seems pretty hard but I still slept better there than I have in a while. It smelt so nice in that room, but I can't quite tell why.

  When I walk into the living room I make sure to be very silent. I rocked up at his apartment early hours and he took me in. No questions asked, well a few but not a lot. He's just lying there, with a book still in his hands and I find it kinda cute. I mean, who doesn't like a man that reads? I want to put a blanket over him, but then I change my mind, I don't want to be that nice.

  After around fifteen minutes he starts to wake up. "Hey," sleep surrounds his voice and I can tell that the sofa probably wasn't as comfy, ha comfy, as the bed I slept on. Waltzing around the sofa to give him a coffee I know that he's going to want to know why I was there. Hell, I want to know why I went there. I went through a tough spot doubting myself and I found myself knocking at his door without a second thought.

  After explaining why I went there he started to laugh. I don't know why, it's not like it was funny I kinda expected him to be a little pissed. But he wasn't.   " It's fine. Come here whenever you want, no questions asked," his tone is soft and caring and it's this moment that I know he isn't just a good guy around the avengers, he's just a great guy.

  He puts food on the table and I smile at him. His complete happiness has put me in a better mood. "I love food," I stare happily.
"Love you too".

  Steve's POV

  "Love you too," the words slip from my mouth like a rabbit from a lion. I feel like an idiot. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, that could make this moment alright. I had made a fool of myself and I knew that those three words could have put our friendship at risk.

  "What?" Natasha's eyes opened in disbelief as she tried to let the words sync in. I know she heard what I said so there's no point in trying to cover it up. She starts to open her mouth and i brace for her wrath, "I- I love you three," Nat smirks at me and pulls at my top. We are nose to nose and I feel myself blushing. She pulls me closer and I'm welcomed into a deep embrace of Natasha Romanoff.

Hope you lot enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to keep giving requests, I'm more than happy to take one up. Thanks. Love you all 3000 x