Harm isn't hurt PART 2

Steve POV

  I know that she feels bad for coming here, but she shouldn't. Part of me hope she never leaves, I don't want her to leave. Natasha is the one thing in my life that keeps me going. I've lost everything before and I'm not willing to lose it again. I can't. I won't allow myself to.

  She walks into the kitchen and I stare at the monstrosity I made. Her face isn't filled with disappointment though, it's filled with amusement. Her firey red hair is straightened and brushed so she looks on point. Natasha's green eyes light up with humour and trouble making as she leans closer to the waffles. "So, captain, finished burning the produce?" She leans back with a huge grin on her face as she raises her eyebrows in questioning. I give her an uncertain nod as she pulls out a chair and gestures for me to sit.

  "Thanks," Nat looks at me and I know that she means it. But I don't need to say anything because she knows is do anything for her. I always would. I always will. The woman I love came to my apartment and she looked like hell. But now she looks perfect again, and I'm not to thank for that, I just helped her feel better.

  After pouring herself some coffee Natasha sits next to me again, but this time I notice that she's shuffled the chair a bit closer. I don't mind though, it's actually making me happier the closer she gets. "Rogers, nice place you got here," Natasha stares at me with a genuine smile. "Bit too big for just me but..." I'm not sure if she got the hint or not but she starts to laugh. Maybe she is laughing at the huge failed attempt that was.

  Part of me really wants to tell her what I feel. I want to. But I can't. I can't lose the only family I have. Her.

  Okay people, hope you enjoyed this one.
Poor Nat, poor Steve. Both of them love each other but neither will risk rejection or losing the only family they have.
As always, give suggestions if you want, I'm willing to take them up. I love you all 3000 x