Hurting

She lay there. She lay there dying and at first I couldn't do anything. I was paralysed to the spot out of fear. Not for my own life, but because I was scared she was dead. And if she was, I wouldn't be able to live.

A cough crawls from my throat and I can't stop coughing until a few more leave. As I breath deep a weezy sounds screamed through me. My eyes begin to sting and I start to make my way over to Natasha. Her firey red hair sprawled over her face. I bend down closer to her and swipe her hair away, so it doesn't cover her face. I scoop her up and try not to wince from my injuries, I can tell I have; at least two broken ribs that scream out in pain, my right wrist taunts me for trying to save Natasha and my left calf burns from the fire. The uniform I once wore is now attached to me like a second skin, the fire making sure that taking it off won't be a fun task. Natasha's breathing becomes slower and more desperate and I stand up allowing myself to slightly drop from all the pain. And this time, the pain is for both me and her.

After last time, I know that if it was me in her situation, she'd do everything she could to help me. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to save her if it costs my life. Because that's what Nat is worth: my life.

A black streak marks her face and tears burn my eyes. I need to get her out of here, and fast. Her heart rate slows every step I take and I can't lose her. I'd do anything to keep her, I will do everything. Whatever it takes.

The floor creaks under me and I grit my teeth from the sheer thought of losing her. Because that would be my fault. Because I love her and I can't lose her, not now. Because I'm yet to fully tell her how much I love her. With my injured arm, I reach into my pocket to check that her gift is still there. The blue velvet box is still situated in my pocket and I breath a sigh of relief. At least when we make it out of here alive that we will be together. Always.

She's hurting and it's up to me to make sure that she isn't hurting for much longer. A few more steps and I see the door. Smoke covers the handle and I reach forward. I hiss in pain as I realise the fire must have heated it and I look down to my now burnt hand. I clutch Natasha closer and close my eyes as I open the door. Her eyes start to open and they immediately fill with confusion. "What? W-what happened?" A painful cough fills the air and I open my mouth to answer her but nothing comes out.

I walk, rather limp, further away from the tower and place Natasha on the floor below me. Starting to sit next to her my head swims and starts to drown. My vision blurrs and I focus on the one thing that I want to live for: her. Natasha starts to cry and telling me how I'm going to be alright. But I know I'm going to be alright, because she's alive and so I'm fine. I'll always be fine. She cries and curses at the sight of me before ringing an ambulance, I start to lose consciousness but I manage to choke out some words, "I love you," my eyes fill my sadness and love. "I love you too," she smiles and I smile back. The last thing I hear is Nat telling me that I'll be fine soon. Everything going to be fine. The darkness takes over and I drown in it.

Okay, so that was a bit darker, and still long. So I hope you enjoyed it, I'm sorry it wasn't a happy ever after one but I will do one. The next chapter is going to be a bit different, but I hope you enjoy. Love you always,
Spitfire out! Pew, pew 🛩