Together, Forever

Steve POV

I know that we did everything that we could. But it wasn't enough. They should all still be here: Bucky, Sam, Wanda and T'Challa. But they're not. They're gone. And I still have her, the light in this darkness: Natasha.

Soon after 'the snap' we got together. It'd been something that we'd both wanted. Something that we, now, needed. She got me through the day and I was grateful. I know I don't deserve her, but I want her. I always have.

I'm happy at the life I have right now. I know it sounds selfish, but I can't get rid of the truth. Natasha makes me complete and I'm happy that she's here. That she's here with me. As long as she's in this world then I'm complete. I'm whole. I love her.

Leaning over her fragile body I wrap my arm around her chest. I go closer to her, comforting her like she does me.

Natasha POV

Everything that we've lost will never stop hurting. But, Steve makes sure that I'm not alone. I hope that Clint is somewhere with his wife and kids, playing guitar, or some other rubbish instrument. I hope he's having the life that he deserves.

I feel an arm drape over me and I immediately welcome the warmth. His body creeps closer to mine and I shuffle to be closer. To be closer to the person I live for. It's never for me, it's always for him. I tell myself that I deserve him, but deep down, I know I don't.

Flipping my body, so I can face him, I allow myself to come closer to him. To have his lips an inch from mine. To have his eyes staring at mine. I'll never deserve his love, but I want it. I've always wanted it.

My lips meet his and I get lost in a world of lust. In our world. I plan to stay where I am forever, until time stops and it rains no more. I know that we will be together, forever. Because I need him to survive. I need him to breathe. I love him.

Hi fighter jets, I know that this is a short one. But I promise, I will try and do a two parter one soon. Thanks for the support.
Spitfire out! Pew, pew 🛩