High Hopes

Steve POV

  I look across the room and my eyes meet Natasha's. The glint of mischievousness can be seen even from across the room. Her green eyes glow and stare at me. I slightly nod at her and I release a smile for her.

  It's been really hard to try and keep our relationship a secret from the other avengers but it'll be worth it. It is worth it. Because, at the end of the day, she's mine, and I am hers. Love for her fills every inch of my body. I'm smothered by her love for me and it makes me happy.

  It was only until recently that we decided that the others should know. That's if Clint and Tony didn't already. I mean, Clint seems to know everything and Tony seems to find out everything, even if it's before you know. I have High Hopes for what our life will be like. That's because, as long as she's in my future then my future is complete.

  I get up and sit next to Natasha, letting my hand fall into hers I squeeze gently to give her some support. She's going to tell them, I know she is. We decided to let the others know when we weren't in intimate danger, and now we aren't. And so they're going to know.

  I know that it's times like this that make people nervous and all, but I'm not. I remember our first kiss, our first real kiss:

(Flashback Frankie everyone, 2 years ago)

"What are you doing here?!" Natasha screamed at me and I could understand why, a little bit anyway. She'd gone on a mission 2 days ago so I weren't really to know that she was back. And then I heard some noises so I came to investigate, and then I saw her. Natasha was in her underwear trying to sew up a wound that she'd gotten. I try to look away but she punches my arm. "Too shy Rogers? Not wanna look again?" Her taunting, flirty voice flaunters around and I try my best not to look at her too much. "Look, I'm just going to go, I thought you might have been an intruder. But you're not, so it's fine. So I'm going to go, unless you want help stitching yourself up?" I catch her eyes again and a smile rises upon her.

  She nods at my offer and take off my jacket. Draping it around her, I feel that bit better about the situation. "You know, I've already stitched myself up?" She smirks at me and I feel myself blush. I should've known. In fact, I'd seen that she was now fine. But for some reason I still offered.

  I ask her if she wants to get dressed but she replies with a cocky 'nah, don't think so', and so now I'm just here. Looking like an idiot. Looking back at her, I see that she's smiling and now wearing my jacket instead of it covering her. At least now she's covered. She leans forwards and I expect her to punch me again, but she doesnt. She grips my t-shirt and pulls me forward. Our lips crash together and I'm not actually awkward. This feels right.

Back to normal time

  Natasha stands up and clears her throat. "Umm..." for once Nat is actually lost for words. But I stand up next to her and kiss her forehead. I'm not sure if that just told everyone that we were together but I had to be sure. I overhear Peter talking to Tony, "they are together? Man, that sucks. Now I owe Clint $20." Happiness fills his voice though. He stares back at me and Nat and continues to listen.
"Nat and I, well... Nat and I are together. Now I don't are what my think about this, because I love her. And I'm finally happy. We are happy." To be surprise, lots of people high five each other and Sam hands Bucky a $20 note. "Don't say a word!" Natasha is taking to Clint and obviously he's hyped about this. And obviously, she wants him I shut it.

  Tony stands up and whistles to gain everyone's attention again. "Congrats. To Capsicle and Nat!" He downs his drink and many others follow. It went better than expected. But then again, family accepts you no matter what.

Fighter jets, hope you guys liked this one, it was a bit different. Anyway, my next one isn't a romanogers as one of you amazing people put forward an idea. So, enjoy the rest of my stories.
Spitfire out! Pew, pew 🛩