In Time PART 2

Steve POV

She walked off. I don't even know if she believed me, if she loved me. Natasha had said nothing and she walked away.

I begin to walk even faster to cut in front of her and I hold her shoulder. Natasha looks down and I think she's.... scared. I mean I would be, I just told her that she dies in the future and I've come back for her. Hell, she'll think I'm crazy. But I love her and I can't let her walk away. "Nat...." I allow my voice trail off and I hope that she can look at me. Because I need her, I have to get her back. But instead she carries on looking down. I want her to smile and laugh instead. All I've ever wanted is her to be happy, but now she doesn't even have that. I've ruined everything in hope of getting her back. I've been selfish and now I've probably lost Natasha even more than I had. She knows why I'm here but I don't even know if she believes me or if she trusts me.

  "Nat, please. You know I'm always honest, trust me. Please," I put my thumb under her chin and lift her head up to face me. I smile lightly at her as a silent plea to trust me. She isn't stupid, she'll want proof. Something that proves that she died, something that proves I love her. But I  can't think of anything, except for one thing. Steve meant forward and planted his lips on her. Natasha leant forward and the kiss grew deeper, before pulling apart. "Trust me now?" He smiled again and raised his eyebrows at her smugly.

Two weeks later

  Steve had filled Natasha in with every little detail about the fight against Thanos and how she'd sacrificed herself. How she'd given her life so that Clint didn't lose his. About their relationship and how he'd lost her too soon. It was clear that he did love her, every bit of him loved her. But she couldn't just slip into love, that wasn't her. Love is for children.

   Okay, this chapter sucks and I probably suck more because I've not updated in like ever. But I promise, the next chapter will be better 🤞. So thanks for believing in me. I'll try to update as soon as I can. Love you all 3000 xx