Chapter 31

TW for sexual harassment and attempted SA. Stay safe readers <3

Everyone took Liam's word to heart and made themselves at home. The kids had claimed their rooms and prepared themselves for a long but luxurious boat ride.

Night fell upon them and they all snuggled into bed and fell asleep.

Clem awoke in Louis' arms, turning around to face him. She started toying with his dreads, something that she always did when she woke up next to him.
She heard Louis groan. "Clem, go back to sleep. We don't have to wake up early anymore."

She sighed. Staying asleep was always a struggle for her. She wondered if AJ had the same issue. He wanted to spend the night with Tenn. "Fine," she said, rolling back around, but then being stopped by Louis turning back around.

"But... I can't go back to sleep till I get a kiss," he said humorously. He poked his lips out.

"You're so weird," she said through her giggles. She leaned in and gave him a quick kiss then turning back around. She closed her eyes, hoping to go back to sleep but then she felt two arms again wrapping around her and soft kisses being placed on the crook of her neck.

"You don't know how much I love you, Clem," he gently whispered in her ear, sending tingles down her spine.

"I think I have some idea."

He playfully scoffed. "Impossible." And with that, they both fell back to sleep.

. . .

The morning finally arrived, the sun shining through the circular mirror in their room. "Rise and shine," Clem said kissing Louis' nose. She leaned up from the bed, again being pulled back in by Louis.

"Can't we just stay this way forever?"

"I wish but we have to get up."

"Fine." He groaned lifting himself up from the bed. He headed over to a small mirror that was hung over a rusty dresser and started to fix his dreads and laying them down correctly.

Clem raised one eyebrow, seeing him prepare himself.

"What?" Louis asked, seeing Clem's face. "Gotta look good for the ladies. And by the ladies, I mean you... obviously."

They headed out the room into the main quarters after fixing themselves up. They weren't surprised to see Tennessee and AJ in the middle of the floor and drawing.

"Clem!" AJ yelled when seeing her walk in the room. He ran over to her then enclosing her in a hug. "We found a whole bunch of paper in this really colorful room downstairs."

"Oh, so you two went exploring?" Clem said, kneeling down to AJ.

"No just me. Tenn was being a baby,"

"Oh, I see. How did you sleep?"

"Great, those beds are really comfy." AJ's eyes finally found Louis. "Oh hey, Louis."

"Hey, little dude." They joined Tenn and AJ in their fun.

More and more people started flooding into the room each taking seat and not really knowing what to do with themselves. Especially the kids that had escaped from the Delta. They had never really had free time.

"Well, I think the only way to lighten this mighty depressing mood is a game," Louis said, taking the cards out of his coat. He still couldn't believe that he had kept up with them this whole time.

"Oh my god, no," Aasim said, rolling his eyes.

"Fine, but you don't have to play."

"So what are we playing Lou?" Marlon asked.