Paranoid

The Fortune Teller Continued

"Something isn't right, I feel it in my bones. Every time I look around it follows me home and I get so stressed out, with nobody here to listen when my head gets loud from the weight of this vision. All this emptiness inside I can't fill the void in my mind, sometimes I just wanna die, wish that I could tell you why. Is it all inside my head? I just can't escape the noise. Is it all inside my head? I think I'm paranoid." - I Prevail

🌊 🌋 🔥 🌪

"It's getting late, we should find a place to stay," Aelita said to her friends as she quickly pushed her way out of Aunt Wu's lair. "Thank you for your hospitality." She dipped with a small bow in the woman's direction. Wu looked at her not with the fear she would've expected but instead with sorrow, almost pity. Aelita didn't need anyone's pity.

She didn't wait for the others, she made her way out of the suffocating home as fast as possible. Only when she stepped into the sun did she realize how tense she was, and for what reason? Fortune telling was a load of shit. She doubted even Ryuk could predict what would happen tomorrow let alone could any human see how the war could end. Maybe she was an em-path sure, she clearly could tell Aang was the Avatar and Aelita was the Akira. Of course, they were meant to end the damn war. Add in her Fire Nation features and her age and boom, there you had her fortune. It still didn't explain how Wu knew about her family.

"That was amazing!" Katara beamed as the others joined Aelita outside. She leaned in to whisper in the other girl's ear, not wanting the boys to hear. "Aunt Wu said I'm going to marry a powerful bender! I wonder if I'll meet him once we get to the North Pole!"

"That's nice." Aelita's attempt at fake happiness was pathetic but Katara didn't seem to notice.

"Fortune telling is just a big stupid hoax!" Sokka rolled his eyes at his sister's giddiness. How could anyone buy into this?

"You're just saying that because you're gonna make yourself unhappy your whole life." His sister shot back with a smug grin.

"That woman is crazy!" Sokka huffed as he threw his hands in the air. "My life will be calm and happy and joyful." He barked as he kicked a rock. The rock ricocheted off a nearby wall and flew back snacking him directly in the face. "That doesn't prove anything!" He claimed to rub his head.

"Well, I liked my predictions." Katara smiled. "Certain things are going to turn out very well."

"They sure are." Aang smiled hugely back at her. Their future was looking so bright together.

"Why, what did she tell you?" Katara asked.

"Some stuff." Aang brushed off. "You'll find out. What about you Aelita? What did she tell you?"

The firebender kept walking ahead of her friends. Right now she didn't want to look at any of them, she didn't want them prying. It had taken a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to get them to trust her. If she told them the truth that trust would all be gone.

"Not much."

"Lucky you." Sokka huffed.

"You're just proving Aunt Wu right by being so bitter," Aang said. The three continued to talk among themselves as three walked.

"Why don't you guys go check on Appa and find us a place to stay for the night." Aelita encouraged. "I'll do the shopping." The last thing she wanted after visiting the fortune teller was to listen to her friends talk about it nonstop.

"I can come with you." Katara offered. She knew Aelita could hold her own but the motherly figure just felt better when she knew someone wasn't going off alone, not to mention she was dying to talk to the other girl about her powerful future husband.