:) 17- Just High (:

"Really? You look like a bumblebee."

"Thank you, friend."

"Wear the dress. Please," She begs for the 8th time tonight, I've been keeping count.

"No. Why would I wear a dress. That's how you get harassed," I respond, taking my shirt off.

"First off, you seem to be willing. Second, wear it!" She stares at me with a smirk.

"Don't look at me like that, perv!"

"Wear the dress then!" She yells back, going for lucky number 10.

"Fine keep staring. I know I'm irresistible," I flip my hair.

"And even more irresistible if you wore the dress to the party," She pleads for the 11th time.

When will she give up? God, no means no.

"Wear the dress. Wear the dress. Wear the dress. Wear the dress," She begins repeating incessantly.

"Fine. I'll try it on, but no promises!" I shut her up.

"Hell yeah!"

Putting on the blue dress, I realize Stef was right. This dress is gorgeous and makes me look great. "I hate when you're right," I exasperate.

"I love when I'm right. Now lets go party!"

I laugh and slide into my car. Ready to head out, we both yell excitedly to get pumped up. Blasting some corny music we sing along till we make it and the music from inside overpowers the car's stereo. Getting out we walk side by side into the party. Looking around I see Zach whom is already walking toward us. Seeing as they're dating I know that in about 3... 2... 1... I'll be alone. So much for getting drunk together so she can recreate the time they first met. This has really been an enlightening experience.

Walking over to the makeshift bar I grab a beer. Hopefully the only beer of the night if I'm lucky and can control myself. Looking around I see a group of people, namely the soccer boys, seated with some girls in a circle playing what can only be a game of truth or dare, maybe 7 minutes in heaven if they're really getting crazy. I keep scanning the room, past the sweaty people that decided to dance and outside. Ah, the stoners, how nice of them to join us here for none other than a joint. If they wanted to smoke they could've gone somewhere less Lucy populated. No way do I want them here.

"Lucy Stone, nice to see you," I hear someone say behind me.

Turning around I see Ryan, stoner genius, standing there. And that's why I don't want the stoners here. Ryan gets horny.

"Ryan, what a pleasant surprise. Let me guess: high and horny?" I look at him blankly.

"Just high."

"Tell that to your boner," I let my gaze quickly fall to his manhood before looking back up.

"Got me there," Ryan laughs, stepping slightly closer.

"You know the soccer boys need another girl to get it on with, I should go volunteer myself," I try to get out of the unwanted situation.

"Trying to get some out of James?" He questions me, still not giving me my personal space back.

"James isn't a soccer boy," My voice comes out more as a question than a statement.

"Well he isn't a stoner," He laughs.

I look at him questioningly before stating a quick, "Wish me luck," and evading whatever he thought was going to happen.

Girls aren't weak, we can protect ourselves. Even if that wasn't the worst of situations, we all knew he was getting too close. All girls should be able to back away from that sort of conversation, with or without prior experience. Ryan, for one, has been doing this for ages, I've learned how to get him off my back.