:) 23- If Only You Were A Boy (:

"When someone tells you they're gonna be here in 10, that usually means you get out of bed."

"I'm comfy though."

"Can I join you then?"

"Mhmm, there's pjs in the drawer," I point to my top left drawer.

"I know," Stef smiles and turns to get herself a comfy pair of pjs.

"So, how are you?" Stef begins.

She's changing with her back to me but I know her face has a smirk on it. There's no way I'm going to make it through this conversation in one piece.

Why am I friends with this woman?

"I'm good."

"Just good?" She asks as she walks to the empty side of the bed and wraps the covers all around her.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Okay," You can tell she doesn't believe one word that's coming out of my mouth, "What'd your mom think about the hair?"

"What do you think? She overreacted and then said it was different in a not bad way."

Stef laughs, "That's better than I thought it was gonna be."

I join her in her fit of laughter, "How dare you insult my mother like that."

"Like what? Rationally?"

"Shut up!"

"Remember the first time I came over?" Stef reminds.

"How could I ever forget," I smile, "She loves you now."

"Stefanie is here, Stefanie is here!" I yelled at the top of my lungs when the doorbell rang.

"Calm down, Lucy. Jesus Christ," My mom tried to talk sense into me.

Like that would ever work.

I opened the door that separated me from my new friend. This was the first time we would hang out outside of school. Maybe the last depending more how this went.

"Stefanie!"

"Lucy!"

We hugged and I hurriedly brought her inside from the cold weather.

"Stefanie, meet my mom," I introduced.

"Hello Stefanie."

"Hi!" Stefanie said over enthusiastically.

I carried Stefanie upstairs to my room. We'd planned to meet up this special day to talk about what any teenage girl would want to talk about: boy drama.

Sophomore year had been a crazy one already. We were finally able to get rid of David and Emma. Those bitches. Ryan was still our friend at that time. Oh, how could I forget that Timothy and Grace were dating.

"Will you be joining us for dinner?" My mom asked.

"If you make food, I'll eat food."