Chapter 21

Josh POV

I looked around helplessly, hoping to find any sign of her.

She was in here, I could hear her breathing, but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from.

I carefully, very carefully, put a foot on the blankets, stepping down and feeling the floor beneath my feet and the blankets.

I walking around carefully for a few minutes, hoping to feel anything beneath them.

But my hopes were crushed when I couldn't find anything.

"I can't hold the off anymore." Pixie called down weakly.

And then I heard it.

The sound of clothing rubbing against clothing.

The sound of heavy breathing under the quilts.

I looked around, looking for any movement, ready to give up when I found none.

But I couldn't give up.

I wouldn't give up.

So I sat down, back against the wall and hands behind my head as I waited for her to come out, to want to be found.

I ignored my father as he ordered me to get out of the cave.

I ignored the alpha as he tried to order me to get out.

I ignored Stacey's begging for me to come out.

But my mom came.

She came and sat beside me, wrapping her arms around me when I realized I was crying.

She wouldn't come out.

She didn't care about how scared I was, she didn't care how much it was killing me to know she was hurt and I couldn't help.

But when I was finally ready to give up on hope, hanging onto one thin thread holding us together.

I saw movement.

She crawled out from beneath the blankets, her eyes wide and panicky.

And I had her in my arms, crying my eyes out as I told her how scared I was, not caring how much of a wimp I looked.