Chapter 50

Josh POV

I could feel them, following behind us. I could feel the heat radiating off of Rose beside me, hearing her short pants of breath.

I stopped, seeing them about a mile back and motioned for Rose to shift and get on my back. She didn't argue, just shifted back to her human form and climbed on me.

I took off running towards town again, faster than before since I didn't have to keep up with Rose.

I was just about to cross the border into Royals land when an arrow came straight toward me, hitting me directly in the shoulder blade.

My whole body went numb as I collapsed.

I vaguely heard Rose screaming at me, screaming for me to help her, but the silver that was leaked into my blood stream from the arrow prevented me from doing so.

But I was still conscious. I watched as the group of rouges took her away from me, her screaming and thrashing until one slapped her across the face.

Black spots danced across my vision after that and darkness engulfed me.

When I woke up, I was still in wolf form with Rose's parents standing over me.

"What happened?" Was the first thing out of her dads mouth.

I shifted and started talking as Pixie hopped over to me with a blanket, since it was chilly out.

"Rouges. They found the beach house. They took Rose. I couldn't do anything. They took her away from me." I whispered, my voice cracking at the end.

"It's not your fault." Her father said, patting my shoulder awkwardly.

"Yes it is. I wasn't careful. I let them get away."

He sighed and kept quiet after that.

I felt my wolf stir inside me and then heard Rose's voice.

'-m I? What do they want? I didn't do anything. I can't use my powers. I can't feel my wolf. Why am I in a van?' She said, well, more like thought.

'Rose?' I asked, her thoughts ceasing almost instantly.

'Josh?' She asked cautiously.

'It's me. Are you okay? Did they hurt you?'

'Other than a rough slap to the cheek, no fatal injuries or blood yet.'

'Yet?'

'Yeah. This was my dream last week. I know what's going to happen.' She said sadly yet happily.

'What is going to happen?'

She didn't answer.

"Josh! Earth to Josh!" Pixie said, shaking me roughly.

"You can stop that now." I said.

"Well you spaced out there buddy, I thought we lost you!" She cried dramatically.

I smiled at her before frowning in confusion when black spots danced across my vision.

But I didn't black out this time.

I was seeing through Rose's eyes.

'Josh? Did it work?' She asked hopefully.

I nodded my head, forgetting she couldn't see me.

A bright light was cast into the black area as the van doors opened, revealing the last person me and Rose would've thought had anything to do with this.