Chapter IV

There's a boy, lost his way, looking for someone to play. There's a girl in the window tears rolling down her face. We're only lost children, trying to find a friend, trying to find our way back home. We don't know where to go, so I'll just get lost with you. We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together right, we fit together right. These dark clouds over me, rain down and roll away. We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together like, two pieces of a broken heart

The music flowing through the earphones on full blast relaxed me completely. My legs crossed over another as I laid down on my bed, leaning my head back on the stack of pillows I set up to sit upright. My hands rested over my stomach which rose and fall with every soft breath I took. My eyes were close and I silently hummed to the music playing on my phone.

My "date" yesterday with Jack kept running through my mind. He seemed like a genuinely sweet guy but looks can be deceiving. I've been hurt before and I've vowed to never let a boy run all over me and lie to me ever again. I don't wanna punish Jack by pushing him away but I also didn't wanna get hurt. But who knows if he'll even hurt me? We're just friends, I'm over-thinking this to the max, like I do with everything else.

While I was lost in my thoughts, they were cut short by my ear-buds being ripped out my ears and someone plopping down on my bed.

"How was your date?" Alexis cooed, resting her knee on my bed as she turned to face me with a smirk on her face.

"First of all, you know how much I hate when people do that," I grabbed my ear-buds back and paused my music, "and second of all, who told you I had a date?"

"Summer." She grimaced

I rolled my eyes, "Of course." I sighed, rolling my eyes, "It wasn't a date. He just took me to play basketball in his backyard and then we just hung out. Nothing special."

"That's it?" Alexis asked, a little unsatisfied. I nodded, "Yep, looks like you got yourself worked up for no reason." I chortled.

She swatted my leg, "Well?" She wiggled in her seat.

"What?" I asked, turning my head slightly in confusion. "Do you like him?" She exclaimed happily.

"Alexis, chill out. He's cool and all but I'm not looking for a relationship."

Alexis sucked her teeth, "You're so, " she groaned.

"I'm so ugh?" I asked, laughing a little while raising my eyebrows. She nodded, "Yes, that's the only way I can explain it."

I shook my head, "You're so weird." I leaned back on my comfortable stack of pillows while Alexis grabbed my remote off the nightstand and made herself comfortable next to me.

I looked down at my phone and saw the little red "1" next to the messaging app. I furrowed my eyebrows a little and clicked it, opening the app. It was from Jack, asking what I was doing.

"Nothing, why?" I texted him back, tapping my finger on the side of my iPhone as I waited for a reply which came rather quickly, "Can I take you out for that proper date later on tonight?"

I suppressed my smiled and licked my lips, glancing over at Alexis who's eyes were glued on "Awkward' which played on the television.

I pushed my lips out faintly before agreeing to his offer, being that I had nothing better to do tonight. He replied back subsequently with a happy face emoji and "I'll pick you up at 7, be ready and dress how you please. Nothing too special."

I sat my phone on my the nightstand after locking it and stood up, pushing myself off the bed and shuffling over to the closet. I rummaged through my clothes, trying to figure out what would be appropriate and wouldn't be.