Chapter XXVIII

"The one that I can run to when I'm feeling down. Life is so good when you're around, boy nobody from the past is beating you right now. Cause I'll take you home to mama, let you meet my friends..."

It was Thanksgiving evening and I had just finished getting everything ready. My parents were finally coming home for the remainder of the week before they went overseas for one of the biggest business trips of their career.

Summer was coming over, my aunt was coming over, Alexis and her family were coming over and Chase was possibly coming over as well. I had been cooking all night, wanting to make sure everything was cooked to perfection.

After laying all the food out on the table, I smiled in satisfaction and sighed. I placed my hands on my hips and scrutinized the table. After I noticed everything was perfect, I ran up the stairs quickly to finally get ready.

I had already had my clothes set out and ready, I just needed to freshen up and throw them on. I had to be quick because everyone would be here soon.

Once I hopped out the shower after about twenty minutes of quickly washing myself up, I dried off and walked into my room in my bra and boy-shorts. I picked up my maroon, lace quarter sleeved, skater dress that stopped at my mid-thigh.

My mom always loved when I dressed up nice on special occasions so I decided to make her happy since I haven't seen her in months.

I slid it on and ran my hand down the smooth fabric, smiling in contentment. I grabbed my makeup bag and started on my makeup. Moving as fast as possible I put on some BB cream, a little foundation, winged eyeliner and a maroon colored lipstick to match my dress. I threw my gold Chanel studded earrings and my clear crystal pendent necklace.

I looked over at the time, seeing that I had less than five minutes before people were suppose to arrive. I squealed and threw on my black Mary Jane heels. As fast as possible in heels, I ran down the stairs and waited in the living room.

As soon as I sat down to take a deep breath, the doorbell rang making me jump back up. I stopped at the door, ran my hand through my hair and smoothed out my dress. I twisted the doorknob and opened the door. A smile spread across my face and my heart stopped momentarily.

"Mom," I smiled. My mom threw her hand over her mouth, "Oh honey, you look absolutely magnificent." She gushed, looking me up and down. "You've grown so much." My dad muttered in disbelief, "It's hard to believe you're not daddy's little girl anymore. You're a grown up, you-"

"Just give me a hug before we both get emotional, dad." I chuckled, wrapping my arms around his torso. He smiled and tightly hugged me back, my mom joining in on the hug.

It's been so long since I've hugged my parents, it actually sent goosebumps down my arms. I couldn't help but smile, being embraced by family was always an amazing feeling. A few seconds later, we all pulled back and I let them enter the house, setting their luggage off to the side.

"You guys look amazing as well." I smiled admiring my moms knee-high black dress and my dad's white and black suit. They were always so fancy but it's apart of their job so I understood.

"Well I had to freshen up before we got here, all I want to do is eat and relax with family. It smells amazing in here." My mom smiled, sniffing the air.

I chuckled, "Thank you, I tried. No one's here yet but if you want you can go fix you guys a plate."

"Don't mind if I do." My dad said beginning to walk away but my mom grabbed his bicep.

"Well I mind, you will wait until everyone else is here." She raised her eyebrow at him. He groaned, "Yes ma'am." He said like a defeated child.

I laughed, shaking my head, "Go ahead and make yourselves comfortable, everyone should be here shortly and I know there's a football game on."