Chapter VIII

"So baby tonight, I'm blowing up your line. I got you on my mind, and the truth is hard to fight. So I'll be, I'll be drunk texting, drunk texting, drunk texting you. Drunk texting, drunk texting you. Yeah baby I'll be drunk texting, drunk texting, drunk texting you."

- Three Weeks Later -

"If your phone vibrates one more time Skylar, I swear to god, " Alexis threatened as my phone vibrated for like the tenth time tonight.

We were laying on my bed watching a marathon of 'Chucky' movies and eating junk food. Jack has been texting my phone since 10pm, it was now 11:35pm and it hasn't stopped. It was obvious he wasn't in the right state of mind due to what he was sending me, my guess was he was either drunk as hell or high as hell.

I sighed and grabbed my phone, swining my legs off the bed and walking out my room and into the hallway. I unlocked my phone, the brightness of it almost blinding me since i've been in the dark for hours and the hallway itself was also dark. I tapped my message app and scrolled down all the messages Jack sent me, reading each one of them.

"Skylar, where are u?"

Sent 10:00pm

"I miss u"

Sent 10:25pm

"I miss ur scent"

Sent 10:27pm

"can't forget ur stubborness"

Sent 10:28pm

"I wanna see u"

Sent 10:46pm

"why won't u text me back?"

Sent 10:50pm

"I can't stop thinking about you."

Sent 11:00pm

"fuck"

Sent 11:02pm

"You looked pretty today"

Sent 11:33 pm

By the time I got to the last message, I had slid down the wall and sat down on the cold wooden floors. Jack was acting so weird tonight. I mean, over the past three weeks became a little closer. Hanging out every other day, talking more often, etc.

He was always a little flirty but not like tonight. I was completely convinced Jack was wasted. I licked my lips and decided to text him back.

"You didn't even see me today."

Minutes later he text me back, "Didn't have to."

I shook my head and absentmindedly smiled, "Jack are you drunk?"

My finger tapping the side of my phone as I waited for a reply, "Indeed."

"Are you at home?"

"No, why? Do you wanna see me too?"

I tittered softly, "No, I wanna make sure you're safe and don't drive home drunk."

"Well I have no ride home since no one decided to be the DD tonight. "

"I guess I'll have to walk home"

"but don't worry, it's not that far." He replied back in three different text messages.

I sighed softly, knowing from experience that walking home while drunk isn't a good idea. I licked my slightly dry lips again and sat there thinking.