Chapter VII

"It's been three days, don't you think you should answer him?" Alexis pointed to my phone that laid between us on my bed, blowing up with text messages from no other than Jack.

I threw my head against the headboard and groaned, shaking my head softly. I've been purposely ignoring Jack for three days because I knew if I were to talk to him he'd try to explain himself. A part of me wants him to explain but the other part doesn't because what if it really wasn't what it looked like and I got mad for no reason. I'd look like a jealous bitch, which I'm not. I usually don't get jealous, but something struck me that day and I was irritated the entire day.

My cell phone began to ring and I looked down at it, seeing Jacks picture and Caller I.D. Alexis looked at me and nudged me, "Answer it!" She exclaimed.

I shook my head, "No" She sucked her teeth at me and grabbed my phone, answering it herself. "Hello?"

"Alexis stop!" I hissed quietly so he didn't hear me in the background.

"Yeah, Skylar's here." She hopped off the bed, walking to the end of the bed. I groaned and sat up, rushing towards her to get my phone back, "Give me my damn phone, Alexis!" I whispered, reaching for it but she held me back with her hand.

"She'd love to talk to you." She said happily. I stopped reaching for it once she held the phone out to me. I shook my head, "What? No!" I backed away.

"Just talk to him! He sounds so upset, Sky." She urged, pushing the phone towards me, "Give him a chance."

I looked down at the phone for a second and sighed, snatching the phone from her hand and putting it to my ear, "Hello?" I muttered.

"Skylar?" He asked, he sounded like he was happy to hear from me. "Yeah, it's me." I sighed.

"Are you mad at me? You haven't been answering my calls or texts." He asked. I bit my lip and mouthed, "I hate you" to Alexis who watched me with a smirk.

"Uh, no. I just been busy." I said slowly as I tried to come up with a lie. It wasn't very convincing at all.

"You're lying." He sighed, "So you are mad at me?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not mad, I'm -" I paused, trying to find a word for how I felt. "You're what?" He asked.

"Confused. Annoyed. Irritated." I told him honestly. "Can I see you? I'll explain everything." He inquired.

"I'm uh, busy today." I lied. "No she's not!" Alexis yelled loud enough for him to hear in the background.

I grabbed the closest thing which happened to be a rolled up pair of socks and threw it at her. "So is that a yes? I'll treat you to lunch." He asked.

I stayed silent for a few seconds before sighing, "Fine."

______

I took the key out of the ignition and leaned back in my car. I looked ahead at the little cafe Jack instructed me to meet him at. I seen his black jeep parked a few cars to the right of me. I held the bridge of my nose and exhaled deeply, this is exactly why I don't want a relationship. All this unnecessary stress and irritation. I hate getting attached to someone even the smallest bit.

I looked down at my long sleeve thin v-neck, black and white flannel, black leggings that I paired up with a pair of Timberland boots. I pulled down the mirrored sun visors and looked at myself. My hair was down and naturally wavy. My hair was always so wavy, like a natural loose curl. I didn't put on a lot of makeup, only some eyeliner, little mascara and some BB cream foundation. I grabbed my mint EOS ball and applied some to my slight dry lips.