Chapter XXXIII

- Jacks POV -

"Skylar please say something" I begged after a few minutes of dead silence.

She looked up at me and faked a smile, "I-I'm happy for you. Y'know, California is a great place for your music career to take off even further." She faltered.

My heart broke slightly at the sound of her voice, "Babe, this doesn't change anything with us." I tried to reassure her.

Skylar shook her head and stood up, "Long distance relationships never work out, Jack. Plus, we're not even in a relationship so it shouldn't be a problem."

I stood up, "Stop, don't say that. We may not be in a relationship but you're still mine and I'm still completely yours."

"Yeah but for how long? How long until you bump into someone who's way better than me? How long until you start to fall for them like you fell for me?" She asked, shaking her head and using hand gestures, her voice cracking towards the end.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me, "It's never gonna happen. Wanna know why? Because I'm never gonna want anyone else because I have you."

"I don't wanna hold you back, I want you to be free and happy in California. Explore things, meet different people, -"

"And I plan to do that, you being my girl won't stop any of that."

"You say this like you know exactly what's gonna happen. You don't, Jack. Don't force something that won't work!" She exclaimed.

"So you don't even wanna try? You're ending this so quickly without trying? You're just gonna give up on us?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and clenching my jaw.

Skylar licked her lips, looking down. I scoffed and stepped back, "You're really just giving up?" I asked in disbelief, raising my eyebrows.

"I don't want to, but it seems like it's the only thing to do." She muttered.

"The only thing?! That's not true and you know it. Tell me what's the real reason behind this." I demanded.

"That is the real reason, Jack! I don't want you constantly wondering what I'm doing, who I'm with and if I'm cheating or not and I don't wanna wonder that either for you. I want you to be happy."

I grabbed her hands, "If what you want is for me to be happy then don't give up on us." I nearly beseeched.

Her eyes glistened as she looked into mine, "I-I'm just trying to save myself from a bigger heartbreak than now. I don't want you to forget me." She whispered, holding back her tears.

"I'm not gonna break your heart. If that was the case don't you think I would've given up on trying to be with you? I want you, and only you Skylar. I'd never forget you."

I sat down on the arm rest of the couch, pulling her closer to me. She rested her hands on my shoulder, "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Why?"

"For being dramatic."

I shook my head, "You weren't being dramatic, I'm just happy you're giving us a chance at this."

"When are you leaving?" She asked.

"Friday." I whispered.

Her eyes widen, "In four days?"

I nodded, "I'm sorry, I should've told you sooner I just didn't know how to say it."

Skylar ran her hands through her hair, "No I-it's fine, we're just gonna have to savor these last four days together."

"These aren't our last days together, you're gonna see me again." I rubbed the top of her hand with my thumb.

"Yeah but it'll be awhile." She whined.

I sighed and looked down, leaned my forehead on her chest. She wrapped her hands around my head, running her fingers through my hair.

"Wait," I lifted my head, "why don't you come to California with me for a few weeks?" I suggested.

"Jack I don't have the money for that plus, who's gonna watch the house?"

"I'll pay for your ticket, don't even worry about that and can't you just get Alexis or Chase to watch the house? I'm sure they won't mind being the circumstances."

Skylar shrugged, "I'm sure they wouldn't either but I don't know, I don't wanna be a distraction or a bother."

"Stop that," I grabbed her hands tighter. "Stop overthinking everything and thinking you're gonna be in the way. You'll be even more of a distraction if you aren't there."

She smiled, "Are you sure you want this?"

I nodded vigorously, "More sure than anything."

She grabbed my cheeks and kissed me. She kissed me like I had kissed her before, like it would be our last kiss; hard and full of emotions. I grabbed her hips and pulled her closer to me, grabbing behind her legs to make her fall onto the couch. I laid on top of her, leaning on my elbow so all my weight wasn't on her.

I pulled away momentarily and stared down at her, admiring her beauty. Her long eyelashes curled and made her hazel eyes stand out more. Her beautiful plump lips that I was definitely addicted to, her beautiful skin that she always complained about because she has a few pimples here and there but they weren't noticeable.

Her flaws are what made her beautiful and I loved each one of them.

"I'm not giving up on us anytime soon." I promised.

Skylar smiled wide, "Good."