Chapter XLV

"Ouch, that's how you remember me? I thought we've moved past that, Sky." Andrew put his hand on his chest.

I rolled my eyes, "No you moved past it. Sadly I'm stuck with the fucking scars from that bullshit relationship."

"It wasn't bullshit, we were in love." He put his hands in his front pockets.

"No," I shook my head, "I was in love! To you it was a joke. You never loved me, you played me."

He sucked his teeth, "How are you telling me how I felt during our relationship?" He squinted his eyes, something he did when he was angry.

"Because your actions spoke way louder than any of the bullshit lies that incessantly spilled out of her lips." I hissed, grabbing Alexis's arm and dragged her out the fast food restaurant and to my car.

I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding in as I leaned against the passenger side of my all black 2011 Jeep. I fought back tears but they eventually won, spilling down my cheeks viciously but I didn't make a sound.

"Skylar, wait!" Andrew shouted, running towards us.

"Leave her the fuck alone, Andrew! You've done enough!" Alexis shouted, once again stepping in front of me.

"Let me fucking talk to her!" He shouted, trying to push past her as I stood there, my focus on the sidewalk as I tried to stop crying.

"No, you caused enough pain!" She screamed.

"I need to talk to her, Alexis move out the way!"

"Can't you see you've caused enough pain and trouble?! You fucking broke my best friends heart! You're lucky I don't beat the shit out of you right now, you ruthless piece of shit!"

They shouted back and forth, Andrew beseeching to talk to me and Alexis stopping him from moving closer. My mind was spinning, my chest was hurting and I had a killer headache. I just wanted everyone to shut up.

"Shut up! The both of you!" I screamed, tugging at the roots of my hair.

They both turned their attention to me, shutting up immediately. My breathing was unsteady, my hands were shaky and if it wasn't for the car holding me up, I would've fallen down.

"What do you want, Andrew? Why are you here? Are you trying to ruin me even more?" I said in hushed tones, looking over to him.

"I wanna talk to you, Skylar. That's why I'm here." He said, trying to step closer to me.

"What! What do you want?!" I screamed, completely frustrated.

"I-I," he faltered.

I rolled my eyes, "I-I what? Since when have you ever been at a lost for words, Andrew?! Spit it the fuck out."

"I'm sorry," he said loud and clear, "for everything I did to you. I didn't know the pain I was causing you until I seen my mother go through the same thing in the last four months. I'm so fucking sorry." He apologized.

My breathing got caught in my throat but I didn't let it show, "Well," I sighed, "you know what they say." I sighed, grabbing the passenger side door, motioning for Alexis to get in the drivers seat which she quickly did.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I opened the car door and before I hopped in, I turned to Andrew,

"Karma's a bitch."