Chapter XLIV

- Two Weeks Later -

"So, since you quit your job what are you gonna do?" Alexis asked, plopping down on the couch next to me, swinging her legs over the armrest.

"I already have a new job, that's why I quit." I explaining, smiling softly.

She sat up from her awkward laying position, "Where?!" She exclaimed.

"Aunt Jessica's bakery. The pay is way better, I'm getting $10.50 an hour. "

Her eyes widen, "10.50 an hour?! What the hell, where do I sign up?"

I chortled, "I think they're still hiring, you should do it."

She nodded, "I think I might."

I laughed as she plopped back down on the couch, her arm hanging off the couch as she watched television basically upside down. I didn't know what movie was on but I completely into it.

My phone vibrating and dinging on my lap distracted me from the movie. I picked it up slightly annoyed but smiled wide once I seen who it was.

"Hey babe, you busy?" The message from Jack read with a kissy-face emoji.

"Nope, just watching a movie with Alexis. What's up?" I replied quickly.

I anxiously tapped my finger on the side of my phone as I waited for him to reply.

"Can I call you? I miss your voice." I read, making my heart flutter and awe quietly, he's so cute.

"Of course" I quickly replied, swinging my feet off the couch and stood up, walking into the kitchen and hopping up on the counter.

Jack called instantly, a cute picture of Jack and I cheesing wide at the camera popped up. The picture made me smile instantly, remembering the day.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Damn, I miss you." He sighed into the phone.

"I miss you too, Jack. How've you been?" I asked.

It had been a few days since we've spoken since we were both really busy with work. We've texted each other every now and then, but it wasn't a full conversation.

"I've been missing you like crazy but other than that, I've been pretty good I guess. What about you?"

"Working hard with this new job I have. Finally got the day off today, but other than that I've been pretty good as well." I crossed my legs underneath me.

"I wish you were here, or at least I was there with you." He said.

"Are you having fun in LA at least?" I asked.

"Eh, yeah. We've been In the studio nonstop making a ton of music. I can't wait to put it out there for the fans to hear."

I smiled, "I'm so proud of you guys."

"Thank you babe, that means a lot." I could tell he was smiling.

"So, when do you think you'll be back?" I asked, biting my lip and playing with my fingers as I held the phone between my shoulder and ear.

"I know I'll be there before Christmas which is next week so don't worry, I'll see you in a few days." He reassured me.

"Good, I just wanna kiss you and touch you." I sighed.

"Trust me, I understand." He chortled, sighing heavily.

"What do you mean?" I smirked, raising my eyebrow.

"Uh, I-nothing." He faltered.

"Jack," I dragged out, "have you done what I think you've done?"