Chapter XL

"Babe, you ready yet?" Jack shouted from his bedroom, groaning slightly.

I chuckled while shaking my head, running my hands through my hair for the last time before walking out the bathroom, "Yes, I am."

He sat up from his laying position and smiled at me, eyeing my outfit. "You look great babe, like always." He complimented me.

I sighed, "Is it bad that I'm still not use to all these compliments you give me?"

"I was told it's nice to shower girls in compliments." He said in defense.

"You're drowning me in compliments though." I scrunched up my face.

Jack stood up dramatically, "Well I'm your live saver, here to save you from drowning." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, chortling as I slid on my black doc martens. I examined my outfit in his full body mirror once more, taking in my black leggings, maroon colored oversized sweater and calf high maroon colored socks.

"So where are we going at 6 in the morning?" I asked, carefully rubbing my eye.

"It's a surprise."

I looked over at him with my eyebrows raised, "The last surprise you had for me was going star watching."

Jack nodded, chuckling softly, "In my defense I didn't know much about your likes and dislikes. But this time, I toned down the clicheness a bit."

"Jack I swear -"

"Do you trust me?" He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers.

I nodded, "Yes, I do."

"Then trust me on this, you'll love it."

___

"I'm a lightweight, better be careful what you say. With every word I'm blown away. You're in control of my heart. I'm a lightweight, easy to fall, easy to break. With every move my whole world shakes. Keep me from falling apart..."

"How is California so beautiful?" I mumbled, looking out the window as we drove down an unfamiliar street.

"I don't know, I wonder the same exact thing. I'm so happy to be living out here." He smiled, taking in the sight.

"It just sucks we're gonna be so far apart." He added, looking over at me.

I nodded, looking down, "I know,"

Jack grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb across the back of my hand. Such a simple gesture but it created chaos in my stomach.

A few minutes later, the car parked into a parking lot. I looked around at my surroundings, trying to figure out where we were but it was no hope since I've never been here before.

"Okay, put this on." Jack handed me a black blindfold.

"Why?" I dragged out in confusion, grabbing the black fabric.

"Just do it, don't worry I'm gonna guide you there."

I raised my eyebrow at him, opening my mouth to say something but closed it. I exhaled deeply before tying the fabric around my head, covering my eyes.

I heard the drivers side door open then close. A few seconds, later my door opened and my seatbelt was unbuckled. Jack grabbed my legs and swung them around then grabbed my hands, helping me out the car.

"Grab onto my shoulders." He said.

"I don't know where your shoulders are due to the fact that I'm currently unable to see."

Jack chuckled then took my hands and placed them on his bold shoulders, "On the count of 3, jump."

"What the hell?" I mumbled.

"One," I felt him grab the back of my thighs, "two," I then knew he wanted me to get on his back, "three, jump!"

I jumped up and was placed high onto his back. I securely wrapped my arms around his shoulders and he grabbed my thighs tighter. Jack then began to walk.

A couple moments later of walking, Jack let me down. I felt his hands fumble with the back of my head, then he released the blindfold. I opened my eyes slowly, taking in the beautiful sight infront of me.

"Wow," I exhaled, looking at the sunrise beautiful behind the ocean.

"You like it?" He asked, smiling softly.

"Like it? I love it, it's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as y-"

"Don't finish that sentence, you'll ruin the moment." I stopped him, placing my finger on his lips to shush him.

He chuckled and pecked my finger before I removed it, "I've never been to the beach before." I told him.

"Really?" He asked a little surprised

I nodded, "Really. I can see I've been missing out, this is amazing."

Jack stood behind me and rested his arms on my shoulders, locking his hands together in front of my chest. He rested his chin on-top of my head.

I placed my hands on his arms as we both watched the sunrise over the beautiful ocean water. It was breathtaking, I've never seen something so beautiful in my life.

This was bliss, beautiful content bliss.

"Thank you Jack," I smiled, turning my head slightly and looked up at him.

"For what?" He asked.

"Everything. Buying me a ticket to LA, letting me stay with you, spending free time with me, being there for me and most importantly for loving me." I turned around so I was facing him, holding onto his waist.

"Babe," he chuckled, looking away from me as he blushed.

"What?" I smiled at his reaction, resting my hand on his cheek and making him look at me.

"That was cute as fuck. It's no problem at all, I enjoy doing things for you. You deserve it and so much more. Skylar I love you." He ran his hand through my hair, pulling me closer to him by my waist with his other hand.

"I love you too, Jack." I smiled confidently.

Jack bit his lip, fighting back his smile, "That was the first time you said that to me." He pointed out.

"And it felt so good to finally say it." I smiled.

Jack leaned down, holding my chin in his hand and kissed me. This kiss was like no other kiss. It was so different from any other kiss we've shared. This was an emotional and very passionate kiss. Our lips fit together perfectly.

My hands trailed from his cheek to his hair, running my hands through it and tugging light at it. Jack moaned against my lips, gripping my waist tightly. Jacks moan then elicited a moan from me, causing Jack to smile.

We pulled away slowly, our lips linger on each other's

"Damn," He mumbled, catching his breath.

"I know," I agreed, giggling softly.

Jack wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into a hug, "Skylar I promise you, we're gonna find a way to fight this distance. I promise." He whispered in my ear.

I sure hope we could because the thought of not having Jack was unbearable. It brought a pain to my chest and made my stomach drop. This boy has broken down all my walls and made me completely vulnerable when it came to him.

That wasn't a bad thing because that means he knew me, he knew my weakness and my strengths, my likes and my dislikes and much more.

But it also wasn't a good thing because he had the power to completely break my heart.

Jack had me completely wrapped around his finger and even if he were to untie me, I'd tie myself right back around it because there's no place I'd rather be.